Principal Engineer, Software (Enterprise Security Services - WA or TX)
Are you a cybersecurity professional looking to lead a security services and operations team through a technical and operational transformation? If so we are looking for you. In this role, you will work with security software developers, network and systems engineers and cybersecurity teams to design, implement, and deploy solutions which meet customers’ requirements, that scale easily, removes the limitations of traditional services delivery. The principle engineer will drive architecture and design of various security systems and operational support models, work on technical assignments that are difficult, requiring judgment in resolving issues or in making recommendations to leadership. You will need deep expertise in IAM, PKI, Windows/Unix identity and access management, security compliance tools as well as established industry networks.
Enterprise Core Competencies
Requires competency in customer focus, leading change & innovation, strategic thinking, relationship building & influencing, talent management, results focus and inspirational leadership.
STUFF WE'LLTRUSTYOU WITH
- Technical System Expertise: Deep understanding of system parameters, configurations, and how to alter them for desired results. Aware of current security technologies. Expected to lead teams and deliver complex solutions. Subject matter expert in the building blocks, interactions, dependencies, and tools required to complete software and automation work. Independent study of current technology is expected. Good understanding of adjacent processes and workflows.
- Innovation: Develops, designs, and implements new ideas which improve an existing and new system/process/service. Develops, designs, and implements new ideas which utilize new frameworks to improve an existing or new system/process/service. Investigative independent study and problem solving for non-routine tasks. Analyzes existing processes and vendor roadmaps to highlight upcoming technology changes that would make the processes or tools more effective within a given VP function. Contributes to the creation of company IPR.
- Technical Writing: Writes advanced documentation, architecture, capabilities, limitations, and advantages for technologies. Creates and modifies clear documentation for new code and systems used. Documenting systems designs, presentations, and business requirements for consumption and consideration at the director level. Contributes to industry professional norms. Contributes to the protection of company IPR.
- Technical Leadership: Monitor and influence relevant industry technologies and standards. Present highly technical concepts to both technical and non-technical decision-makers. Continuously learns, creates content, and teaches others specific subject areas. Informally coaches and contributes to the development of others through mentoring or in-house workshops and learning sessions. Coach and develop engineers across functional teams on technology decisions. Influence technology and policy decisions made across the VP organization. Understand financial decisions, including NPV and ROI, based on customer experience/business drivers.
- Technology Strategy: Evaluates new and existing technology options that support business goals. Documents and drives technical roadmaps
STUFFYOU TELLPEOPLEAT PARTIES
- 7+ Years Technical engineering experience
- Proven technical leadership with Active Directory, PKI, CMS, CA, HSM, Varonis, CyberArk, TripWire
- Proven operational leadership using different models: DevOps, CiCD, Agile, SDLC
- Focus: Able to communicate goals in support of the business' mission.
- Drive: Self-motivated and able to work well under pressure with minimal supervision – including the ability to simultaneously support multiple strategically significant tasks under fixed/accelerated deadlines.
- Teamwork: Ability and desire to work cooperatively with others on a team. Develop, maintain, and strengthen partnerships that can provide information, assistance, and support.
- Communication: The ability to ensure that information is passed on to others who should be kept informed. Express self clearly in conversations and interactions with others. Clear business and technical writing skills. The ability to plan and deliver oral and written communications that make an impact and persuade their intended audiences.
- Customer Focus: The ability to demonstrate concern and meet external and/or internal customers’ needs.
- Analytical: The ability to tackle a problem by using a logical, systematic, sequential approach.
- Technical Expertise: The ability to demonstrate depth of knowledge and skill in a technical area.
- Forward Thinking: The ability to anticipate the implications and consequences of situations and take appropriate action to be prepared for possible contingencies.
- Influencing Others: The ability to gain others' support for ideas, proposals, projects, and solutions.
- Motivational Support: The ability to enhance others' commitment to their work.
- Inspiring Others: Ability to convey confidence in employees' ability to be successful, especially at challenging new tasks; delegating significant responsibility.
- Conceptual Thinking: The ability to find effective solutions by taking a holistic, abstract, or theoretical perspective.
- Strategic Thinking: The ability to analyze the organization's competitive position by considering market and industry trends, existing and potential customers (internal and external), and strengths and weaknesses as compared to competitors.
- Fostering Innovation: The ability to develop, sponsor, or support the introduction of new and improved method, products, procedures, or technologies.
- Bachelor’s Degree. Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent
- Master’s DegreePreferred