What you’ll be doing:
- Architect, design, and development of Software Networking features for Equinix Metal, a bare metal cloud that scales and provides a way to interconnect across the Equinix ecosystem.
- Work closely with our team and collaborate with cross functional teams to introduce and enhance our product capabilities for customers
- Provide technical leadership for the team of highly passionate engineers to evolve our software networking features
- Collaborate with other architects driving the technical strategy and direction for our large-scale cloud services, driving simplicity, high-reliability, ease of maintenance and operation
- Lead by example through direct contribution, and provide direction in establishing development and operational standard methodologies
- Actively participate in continuous improvement of process and systems that support our software development lifecycle (SDLC), values and culture
What we’ll expect from you:
- A demonstrated track record with 12+ years of expertise in L2-L3 networking technologies at datacenter scale or cloud scale.
- 12+ years of experience developing distributed, scalable and highly available services using Go or another similar language
- An experience with building network software at scale with focus on resilience, automation of well tested production ready software. Prior experience with any one of these VPC, Load Balancers, DNS, Security Policies, IP Address Management is a plus.
- Experience in designing and implementing API interfaces using REST and gRPC
- Experience with Agile software development practices including Scrum, JIRA, Peer Review, Git and CI/CD
- Deep analytical and problem solving skills with a sense of curiosity
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills internally and externally including the ability to document solutions and create architectural diagrams
- Shown ability to think strategically and execute with a sense of urgency, delivering services to meet customer demands on a timely basis
- Familiarity with operating at least one traditional SQL database; PostgreSQL is a plus
- Experience contributing to Open Source and interacting with Open Source communities is a plus
- Experience with Kubernetes, Docker and other container services will be a plus