8 - 10 years experience • Misc. Healthcare
Brief Description and Overview:
We are looking for a self-starter Principal Software Engineer with impressive leadership skills and excellent technical chops to help us build our Next Gen Consumer Applications Suite. Along with writing code, you will be responsible for architecting and building a highly scalable consumer applications suite, supporting high traffic volumes. You will work collaboratively with cross-functional team of product managers, UX designers, architects, developers and automation engineers on our agile team. Additional responsibilities include leading the charge, communicating with customers and delivering high performing, resilient and intuitive suite of applications that create awesome customer experiences.
- Be part of an engineering team that builds and supports amazing customer-facing products that provide innovative solutions to challenging business use cases, existing system and operational problems
- Design, develop and maintain responsive web applications providing awesome user experiences on desktop and mobile devices. This is a "hands-on development" development role to write highest quality code with utmost attention to scalability, security and performance
- Your primary focus will be Architecting and developing all server-side logic, and ensuring high performance and responsiveness to requests from front-end. You will be responsible for integrating the front-end elements built by UI Developers into the application
- Collaborate closely with Engineering leadership, Product Managers, Designers, QA and other teams and business units to define, prioritize, sequence and scope business and functional requirements and drive results
- Collaborate with DevOps team to setup build and delivery pipeline. Add instrumentation and monitoring to support production environments. Build Docker Containers and container management
- Be aware of industry trends and make technology choices and strategic decisions
- Mentor and lead other members of the team
Essential Job Requirements:
- 7+ years of experience designing and developing secure consumer-facing web applications
- BS/MS in computer science or equivalent work experience
- Experience with all phases of software development; you have been there and done it multiple times. You have strong experience integrating front end applications with a micro services based backend.
- Strong experience with the design and implementation of low-latency, high availability, and performance applications
- Experience in profiling and optimizing Node.js applications. Build framework type modules that allows standardization and reusability (logging, error handling)
- Knowledge of HTTP/S Protocols
- Proficient in consumption of Restful Web service, JSON based request response.
- Good understanding of design principles to build a scalable application.
- Experience building responsive Single Page Web Applications using modern front-end technologies such as but not limited to:
- 1-2years working knowledge of frameworks such as Angular, Backbone or React.
- Proficient with git branching models for feature and release management.
- Proficient with Linux environment & container technology such as docker.
- Proficiency in Relational and No SQL databases
- Proven experience in at least a few of the following technologies. The more the better:
- Web Application Framework: Express, Angular2, KOA, HAPI.
- Templating: ejs, handlebars
- Distributed Cache: Redis, Coherence, Hazelcast
- Build & CI Tools: Gulp, Grunt, Bower, npm, jenkins etc.
- Search & AI: Apache Solr, ElasticSearch, Natural Language Processing libraries (Stanford, apache).
- Web Servers: Apache, Nginx etc.
- Logging tools: ELK or Splunk.
- Unit Test Tools: Mocha, Jasmine.
- Experience with Scrum, Agile Process, and Unit Testing using Test Driven Development, Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery.
- Developed and deployed applications on AWS or private cloud.
- Expertise in Software Design and Architecture.
- Strong problem solving and communication skills.
- Great business acumen with a passion to solve for the customer.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Job Type: Full-time
- NoSQL: 1year
- Node.Js: 1year
- Java: 1year