Build modern api-driven web and mobile systems that will make a difference in the quality of people*s lives.
* About 8 or more years* experience writing production code
* Deep experience in Ruby on Rails.
* Interested in and hopefully some Elixir/Phoenix experience * willingness to grow (Elixir/OTP based services)
* Technically strong/enthusiastic about backend systems and solid software architecture.
* Experience in a TDD environment -preference for strong testing.
* Experience with Rspec/Minitest/Cucumber.
* A * user's point of view*. Figure out the best system flow to implement requirements.
* Experience with automated build tools for continuous delivery (like Jenkins, TeamCity etc).
* HTML/CSS knowledge
* Understands how to debug hard problems in HTTP, XHR, JSON, CORS, SSL, S3, etc.
* Basic Linux/Unix CLI knowledge.
* Working source code control (git) knowledge
* Ability to debug; performance and memory leak issues.
* Curious and flexible about new technology
* Debugging/profiling at the C/C++ level to analyze memory leak and performance issues
* AWS experience
* Can reduce complex requirements and user interaction flows into solid API designs.
* Understand common architectural messaging/api patterns and pitfalls.
* Knowledge of other languages is a huge plus:
What you may want to know
* Innovative and entrepreneurial environment
* Successful IPO 2015 and we are growing
* Location Westchester * easy commute from NYC via Metro North or drive from Southern CT, Northern NJ or surrounding areas