Principal Engineer- Quality Engineering Delivery Lead plays a crucial role to ensure we have strong delivery assurance, adhere to IT delivery compliance, implement the right technology frameworks for functional requirements and non-functional requirements, collaborate on broader initiatives (e.g. test environment management & test data management) and coordinate initiatives across the enterprise. The Principal Engineer is responsible for leading and developing a team of Quality Engineers as well as coaching on best quality engineering practices across automation, test management, data, environment, defects, shift left, and customer centricity.
- Define & document End to End test strategy for certifying validating project/ initiative.
- End to end test strategy should comprise of –
- Mapping customer journey cutting across multiple scrum teams by stitching UI/UX, user stories and technical dependencies together for mocking/testing customer experience in lower tiers.
- Elaborated customer centric flows with suitable level of technical details (to bridge gaps between business & technology) with Customer Centricity in core.
- Identifying customer usability feedback and enhancing testing validations based on believed expectations of the customer
- Definition of engineering checks to validate system for resiliency (examples but not limited to data privacy checks, negative tests, services checks & boundary level conditions)
- Standardize interventions/dependencies for each scrum teams as per customer journey
- Customer experience should be defined from Usability perspective as well (easiness to use portals across devices and error check mechanisms)
- In-Scope (i.e. end to end customer specific flows) & Out of scope
- Dependencies (especially, other line of business/ cross business units) and framework for working methodologies
- Testing Milestones projection - Intermittent, periodic, major
- Process Leverage – defects, execution reporting, risk mitigation & contingency, production readiness
- NFR testing schedules – Performance, Security, Accessibility (at high level)
- Quality Engineering best practices – shift left mindset, unit testing, continuous testing, automation strategy
- Production readiness/ "Go-No Go" criteria
- Implement End-to-End Test Automation and Tools Strategies / Roadmaps, including Non-functional (performance, security, ADA) testing
- Support Test Automation Solution Planning and Estimation. Analyze current architecture and test platforms to formulate a vision for growth and expansion.
- Perform detailed test designs using sound software test engineering principals in the context of test automation platforms and integration across distributed systems
- Collaboratively elaborate requirements to enable Behavior/Test Driven Development (BDD/TDD) with BAs and developers
- Perform tasks required for automated test implementation including review acceptance criteria (Gherkin scripts), create automation framework using Cucumber, integration/regression test scenarios, implement data management strategy, and generate required reports.
- Improve existing test automation frameworks (i.e. make them faster, more flexible and easier to use). Utilize parallel processing or grid systems to speed up the tests
- Experience in automation with multi-tenant architectures, Mainframes, Omni, Linux & Bash
- Minimum of 10 years' experience in Test Automation including planning, assessments, script development & maintenance with on- prem and cloud environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Technology, Computer Science, a related discipline or equivalent experience
- 10+ years’ quality engineering experience with a minimum of 10 years' experience in Test Automation including planning, assessments, script development & maintenance with on- prem and cloud environment.
- 5+ years’ people management experience, as well as experience in capacity planning, epic allocation for staffing needs.
- Strong knowledge and working experience of Quality Engineering frameworks
- Strong in Non-functional Testing phases (performance, Accessibility, security)
- Strong understanding of Test Data Automation (TDM), Environments, Production Support/ BAU.?Experience in taking requirements for TDM, assessing opportunities and contributing towards roadmap for TDM & environments
- Experience with tools such as Informatica, DATPROF, CA Test Data Manager (Datamaker), HP, Delphix a big plus
- Work experience in Agile & waterfall Projects
- Clear, professional communication skills (listening, oral and written communications)
- Strong relationship building and collaboration skills
- Demonstrated track record as a team player.