Principal Engineer, PHM Applications
United Technologies Aerospace Systems is seeking exceptional technical talent to drive product development of complex systems within our business. Currently, UTAS has over 90 product lines representing the power, thermal, and sensing systems that enable the operation of modern civil and military aviation platforms. The breadth and complexity of these products enables UTAS to offer unique career opportunities to develop the next generation of systems for the aerospace industry.
The Prognostics and Health Management (PHM) team in Central Engineering is seeking an exceptional candidate to provide expertise in development of innovative diagnostic and prognostic methods for aircraft systems. The ideal candidate will be equally strong in systems engineering, data manipulation, and numerical analysis and seeks to apply this skillset to the exciting field of IoT.
This position offers the unique opportunity to work closely with our talented team of engineers, software developers, and customer service representatives in support of the UTAS Digital Strategy to develop new services to improve customer experience. The candidate will have the opportunity to interact with airline customers and gain insight to airline operations to provide customized predictive analytic solutions.
- Develop algorithms that detect and interpret changes in system behavior and predict timing of future maintenance needs
- Apply physics-based and data driven methods to optimize algorithm performance
- Develop tools to automate cleansing, manipulation, and analysis of large data sets using languages such as Python or R.
- Support development of state of the art analytics tools & methodologies to enable expansion of health monitoring capability across UTAS business segments.
- Work closely with Aftermarket to support UTC Digital Strategy.
- Support root cause analysis of in-service issues and incorporate lessons learned into improved design standards
- A minimum of an advance degree with 7 years of experience in PHM design, integration, and analysis
- Proven capability in fielding PHM solutions
- Familiarity with applied machine learning and data mining techniques
- Familiarity with sensing and data acquisition systems
- Proficiency in manipulating and analyzing large, complex, multi-dimensional data sets
- Naturally inquisitive and skilled in exploratory data analysis, formulating and testing hypotheses
- Results-oriented and motivated to provide solutions with measureable benefit to our customer and business
- Ability to communicate complex analysis with clarity and precision
- Ability to work independently with geographically dispersed team
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident (Green Card)
- Preferred: PhD with experience in PHM, Data Science, Mathematics, Statistics or equivalent technical field.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Job ID 55544BR