Splunk's Cloud Monitoring team is looking for an expert Principal Engineer in Monitoring to help craft and deliver the next evolution of the Splunk solution that we use to operate Splunk Cloud. You will be working with partners across the company and across the globe to find solutions to business needs at scale.
- Work across the organization to define and deliver quality solutions that delight Splunk's passionate internal users.
- Guide a team of tight-knit, super-smart engineers who are building the largest Splunk Cloud solution in the world.
- Mentor and help new engineers to achieve more than they thought possible.
- Establish and drive key metrics to measure our success and guide our focus.
- Work closely with our partners in compliance and legal to maintain and evolve our policies around data stewardship.
- You are passionate about building and running a very large scale data infrastructure. You understand the challenges and trade-offs to be made when building and deploying systems to production.
- Expertise in working with Splunk at scale along with expertise in optimizing data models and summarization.
- Experience working with internal customers and crystallizing their needs. Working with colleagues to agree prioritization in an open and collaborative manner.
- Knowledge of standard methodologies related to security, performance, and disaster recovery.
- Experience in responding collaboratively to operational issues and applying findings to prevent them happening again.
- Highly skilled in identifying performance bottlenecks, identifying anomalous system behavior, and determining the root cause of incidents.
- You are enthusiastic about making the many users of your product happier every day.
- Experience with running a large Splunk instance, either on-prem or in the cloud.
- Experience with development and deployment in a hosted cloud environment, preferably AWS and GCP.