Together we can make a difference
At Getinge we are dedicated and passionate about helping our customers save lives and ensure excellent care. We provide innovations for operating rooms, intensive-care units, sterilization departments and for life science companies and institutions.
Our portfolio combines well-known product brands such as Maquet, Pulsion, Atrium, Lancer and Datascope – just to name a few.
A career at Getinge will provide career opportunities that both inspire and challenge. Here, you can make a difference every day.
- Sets direction and communicates vision for product development in support of the research and development of new medical devices.
- Provide technical and project leadership over multiple complex product development projects.
- Lead the effort to maintain a high level of design control and quality for new design projects.
- Work with Marketing and members of Sr. Managament to establish User and Product Requirements.
- Lead the Design Verificaiton and Validation activites of new medical devices in development.
- Develop project plans based on the scope of project.
- Ensure schedules are well planned and followed.
- Review project progress with senior management.
- Prepare and give oral presentations in a group setting.
- As needed, will supervise other technicians and engineers and serve as liaison to other company sites or to external organizations, boards, or committees.
- Typically serves as a technical expert (subject matter expert) on platform and complex projects.
- Review and assess projects and processes for potential patent opportunities.
- Assists in special projects as needed.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related duties as requested.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Mechanical and/or plastics engineering experience developing, delivering, deploying and maintaining medical devices as well as past experience in plastic part design and/or mold design are required for this position.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to present technical information and prepare written reports. Successful management and implementation of projects.
- Must be able to demonstrate competency in leading others in critical thinking, problem solving and analysis and effective technical project leadership.
- Experience in utilizing Six Sigma tools and analysis is preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Experience managing direct reports is preferred.
- BS in Biomedical, Mechanical, Chemical Engineering or other related technical degree, or equivalent work experience.
- A minimum of ten years of product development experience with design controls, process engineering, manufacturing engineering, or other related experience is required.
- Prior experience with the assembly of medical devices (implant and/or disposables) is preferred.
- Strong computer skills including MS Office applications (Word/Excel) are required.
Getinge is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, genetic information, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.