- Use your creativity and expertise to implement performant, scalable and reliable services
- Participate constructively in requirements analysis and design discussions
- Collaborate closely with product management, architects, front-end developers and QA
- You are a generalist, a quick learner and keep yourself abreast with computing trends.
- You are pragmatic, get things done and strike the balance between individual and team work
- 10+ years of relevant industry experience
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly and understand a wide variety of technical challenges
- Strong communication skills: verbal, written and whiteboard.
- Intensive, in-depth experience with at least one big data platform (e.g. Storm, Spark, Flink, Cassandra, Hadoop, Kafka, MongoDB)
- Deep experience in the JVM ecosystem
- BS CS/EE or equivalent
- Well-read in the relevant distributed systems literature
- Experience with SaaS principles like multi-tenancy, data partitioning, rate limiting is a Big Plus.
- Basic familiarity with Python and/or C/C++
- Experience in one or more functional and/or statically typed and/or dynamic programming languages (Scala, Java, Groovy, Haskell, Erlang, OCaml, Lisp, etc.) is a HUGE plus.
What We Offer You:
- A constant stream of new things for you to learn. We're always expanding into new areas, bringing in open source projects and contributing back, and exploring new technologies.
- A set of exceptionally talented and dedicated peers, all the way from engineering and QA to product management and customer support.
- A stable, collaborative and supportive work environment.
- We don't expect people to work 12 hour days. We want you to have a successful time outside of work too. Want to work from home sometimes? No problem. We trust our colleagues to be responsible with their time and dedication, and believe that balance helps cultivate an exceptional environment.