Position: Principal Engineer
Qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science and equivalent
Year of Experience: 11-14 Years
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Work closely with product management to define and translate requirements into reliable and usable software.
- Serve as a direct liaison between on-site and the off-shore teams.
- Setup processes within teams, including code reviews and coverage.
- Solve hard technical challenges with innovative thinking and a will to learn.
- Making key technical decisions, based on familiarity with large software bases and scalable designs to support enterprise customers.
- Evangelizing code quality through writing well architected, structured code, unit tests and practicing good software engineering techniques.
- Leading peers, delegating responsibilities and guiding them with engineering vision.
Skills and technologies required:
- Strong experience in developing enterprise class web applications using JAVA/J2EE and frameworks such as Sprint Boot, Struts, EJB, Servlets
- Solid understanding of REST fundamentals, and experience in developing secure REST APIs
- Hand-on experience in building scalable web applications on Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Expertise and advanced knowledge in Postgre SQL database, writing complex queries, and database performance tuning techniques
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as GIT , Bitbucket and SVN.
- Desirable: Experience in working with remote teams, managing communication and coordinating product delivery
- Desirable: Ability to understand, debug and fix code written in Ruby, Ruby on Rails and its related frameworks