Principal Engineer (Hyper Converged Infrastructure)
This position will be required to be a subject matter expert across hyper converged and storage infrastructure.
This role will be pivotal in designing, supporting and ensuring best practices for a CBS’ hyper converged, file, object, and block storage.
- Maintain an expert level of knowledge in area of expertise by maintaining certifications current, attending seminars or though other related activities
- Document the baseline infrastructurearchitecture, including reference to the relevant business, information and technology components
- Serve as a SME to diagnose and resolve problems in multiple storage environments with expertise around EMC Isilon, ECS and NetApp
- Serve as SME to diagnose and resolve problems in hyperconvergedinfrastructureworking withtechnologies such as Nutanix, VXrail, vBlock, etc…
- Engage with project teams to define the technologyarchitecture components of a solution, provide ongoing assurance of technology solutions through to delivery
- Identify and analyze business needs and drivers associated with infrastructure change, assessing their feasibility and propose solutions
- Assist in the development of technology roadmaps, covering lifecycle planning, capacity planning, obsolescence, availability of support, major version upgrades and vendor roadmaps
- Carry out research and development to explore emerging technologies and investigating how they may be incorporated into the technology roadmaps
- Serve as a SME to diagnose and resolve problems in, storage (object, block, file) and hyper-convergedinfrastructure
- Perform root cause analysis to quickly recover from service interruptions, and to prevent recurring problems in the environment
- Analyze and forecast capacity for the IT environment, provide growth/capacity projections and make recommendations to leadership
- Mentor less knowledgeable/experienced Infrastructure team members as needed
- Facilitate knowledge sharing by creating and maintaining detailed engineering documentation and specifications for implementation
- Work with the IT Infrastructure team to ensure the quality of coordinated projects and business needs
- Develop process improvements and implement automation to improve operations across IT practice areas
- 8+ years’ experience in an InfrastructureTechnology role
- Expert knowledge working withHyper Converged infrastructure including vBlock, vXRail and Nutanix, Isilon, ECS and other object storage platforms
- Experience designing, implementing, and supporting NAS and Object Storage systems specifically for use with DAM/MAM systems and workflows
- Experience configuring Isilon Cloud Pools with ECS and Public cloud providers like AWS S3
- Experience in infrastructure design, re-engineering or re-platforming, involving broad-based information systems and utilizing tools and techniques to effect change.
- Demonstrated ability to learn new technologies and implement advanced solutions at a rapid pace
- Expert knowledge in building, supporting and administration of Linux, Unix, and Windows Operating Systems
- Must have a thorough understanding of NetApp products including design and administration
- Experience with site-to-site and DR replication (ie SnapMirror and SnapVault)
- In-depth knowledge of general storage technologies: iSCSI, FC, SAN, NAS, DAS.
- Monitoring and logging tools and strategies for management and troubleshooting of issues in a fast-paced environment
- Performance testing, benchmarking, stress testing
- Work independently and as part of a matrix team
- Proficient in the use of Visio, PowerPoint, Word, Excel
- Proven ability to design, build and publish results of technology proofs and pilots
- Self-motivated and able to grasp new concepts quickly. Comfortable and confident in an ambiguous environment.
- Ability to work under pressure and interface with senior management
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Undergraduatedegree in Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent
- Graduate Degree in Computer Science or Engineering highly desired