This position is responsible for compliance and pipeline integrity requirements for interstate and intrastate hazardous liquid pipelines and gas transmission pipelines. The Principal Integrity Engineer provides technical support to the operations and facilitates the implementation of integrity management programs.
What You Will Be Responsible For:
- Working knowledge with PHMSA 192 & 195 regulations, specifically on integrity assessment requirements.
- Utilize technical expertise to interpret regulations and advise on effective operation of assets.
- Responsible, as part of the Pipeline Services Team, for implementation of the Integrity Management Plan and related Integrity Procedures. This plan includes requirements for 192 and 195 code compliance and scheduling for required tasks or activities.
- Partner with Asset Operations on all aspects of the Integrity Assessment Plan and integrity related pipeline activities.
- Collaborate with fellow Pipeline Integrity employees on the planning, development, execution and improvement of integrity related processes and technical decision-making.
- Provide technical expertise in the areas of pipeline integrity assessments, integrity repairs, quality assurance, data collection, data management, data integration, pipeline integrity project prioritization, and planning and management.
- This may include detailed evaluation and analysis of In-Line Inspection raw data.
- Manage Pipeline Integrity Projects via collaboration with Integrity Specialists in the planning and execution of integrity assessments, and coordinate with field operations to implement repair plans.
- Carry out pipeline anomaly assessments and produce recommendations for repairs as required and in accordance with DCP and Regulatory Standards.
- Initiate and monitor temporary pressure reductions associated with pipeline integrity activities
- Maintain working knowledge of pipeline regulations, industry standards, integrity assessment methods, repair methods, etc.
- Serve as liaison with internal stakeholders, contractors, and vendors for the planning and execution of field activities relating to integrity assessments and other pipeline services projects
- Generate integrity assessment completion reports and liaise with In Line Inspection (ILI) vendors for feedback on ILI tool accuracy and effectiveness.
- Design, plan, manage and deliver ad-hoc projects as required by the pipeline services group. This may include but is not limited to inspection, construction, and/or repair activities.
- Participate in the Comprehensive Risk Assessment Process and Pipeline Compliance Audits.
- Ability to successfully work in team environment with a focus on both internal and external customers.
- Engineering degree with at least 8 years of experience in In-Line Inspection, compliance and integrity management for gas and liquids pipelines
- Strong knowledge of pipeline anomaly assessment and repair techniques, in accordance with Industry Standards and DOT 195/192 Regulations.
- Knowledge of pipeline hydrostatic pressure testing, repairs, modifications and rehabilitation.
- Working knowledge of basic corrosion principles (internal and external) and mitigation, including analysis and understanding of ILI raw data through use of specialized software.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. Computer skills and Microsoft Office software experience is required.
- Must be a self-starter and self-motivator with ability to perform effectively with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to travel to assigned areas to meet job requirements and be able to work outside traditional work hours when required.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and will be required to travel at least 25% of the time,
- Incumbent must be able to prepare written communications, present information to other employees, and enter data to various programs.
- 10+ years of experience in compliance and pipeline integrity management for gas and liquid.
- Certified ILI Data Analyst (Axial-MFL/Geometry)
- Experience with NGL products
- Exhibits leadership skills, abilities and desire for continuous improvement and transformation.
- Established relationships with professional organizations such as API, GPA and NACE