The Principal Project Engineer reports to the Manager of Global Engineering and has primary responsibility for providing the Management of strategic capital projects in support of our North America production facilities.
The Principal Project Engineer will be based out of a major Airport “hub”, such as: Minneapolis/ St. Paul, Chicago or Atlanta, to enable them to travel to successfully manage capital projects at multiple site locations throughout North America.
- BS Degree from ABET accredited or regional equivalent engineering program (Chemical Preferred) and 15+ years’ practical engineering experience in Process, R&D, or Applications industry.
- MSDegree from ABET accredited or regional equivalent engineering program (Chemical Preferred) and 13+ years’ practical engineering experience in Process, R&D, or Applications industry
- PhD Degree from ABET accredited or regional equivalent engineering program (Chemical Preferred) and 10+ years practical engineering experience in Process, R&D or Applications
- 5+ years’ experience in a plant environment supporting day-to-day manufacturing.
- 3+ years’ experience in a corporate and/or consulting engineering role supporting a long-term operations engineering vision and capital execution plan.
- 1+ years’ experience in developing strategic business plans and executing process improvement objectives aligned with those plans.
- 1 + years of knowledge of the adhesive industry (manufacturing processes, equipment, substrates, and chemistry)
- 3 + years excellent written and verbal communications skills, including experience effectively communicating with, and influencing senior business leaders.
- 50% regional travelrequired.
- 3 + years of experience managing Capital Projects in projects in excess of $1MM
- Calculation of IRR, DCF and NPV and long-range capital planning
- NPI, Product Development and/or Scale-up/Technology Transfer
- Process Improvement - Lean, Six Sigma, RCCA, SWOT Exercises, 8D
- PSM and/or Functional Safety Design