11 - 15 years experience • Business Services
TRC is a national engineering, consulting and construction management firm providing integrated services to the power, oil and gas, environmental and infrastructure markets. We serve a broad range of clients in government and industry, implementing complex projects from initial concept to operations.
Immediate opening for a Principal Engineer at our Fresno California location
- Pinpoint and market new clients. Clients can be developers, counties, municipalities, or other government entities.
- Maintain and grow existing client accounts.
- As design work is secured, it is expected that the person who fills this position will serve at the Project Manager level to see design projects executed to a successful completion.
- Perform review and management of engineering and design of municipal type projects.
- Prepare preliminary engineering and detailed cost estimates.
- Prepare and manage project budgets.
- Direct design drawing and specification packages.
- Negotiate and communicate with regulatory agencies and staff.
- Supervise/direct other engineers and drafters.
- Review RFQs/RFPs and prepare proposals for project opportunities
- Prepare engineering reports.
- Lead corporate initiatives.
- Must have strong communications skills both written and oral.
- Must be driven to lead project teams, staff and market to new clients
- Must interface well with and develop a rapport and positive relationship with our clients and employees.
- Able to create budgets and maintain them on both the project level and corporate level.
- 10 or more years as a Project Manager/Project Engineer for a transportation focused consulting/engineering firm with project experience in utility, roadway design, bridge design and construction.
- Project management should include staff management, budget control, mentoring and resource management
- Successful track record of Marketing/Business development to new and existing clients
- Project experience in highways and/or bridges, municipal, land development, stormwater, and/or infrastructure design and construction.
- Client relationships
B.S. Civil Engineer
P.E. in California is REQUIRED, and ability to gain licensure in other states is beneficial.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Job Location Fresno, California, United States Position Type Full-Time/Regular
Tracking Code 220418-992