ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform failure analysis on Western Digital eSSD products while interacting with many engineering groups such as memory, firmware, systems, ASIC, etc.
- Become a contributing member in the failure analysis of our Western Digital eSSD products to increase customer satisfaction.
- Evaluate the electrical and mechanical characteristics of systems, integrated circuits, components, and sub-components to determine the cause of failure including the verification of analog and digital performance.
- Analyze failure reports and recommend corrective actions.
- Develop methods, processes, procedures and equipment that will enhance the failure analysis process and/or reduce failures.
- Deep knowledge and hands-on experience of SSD system architecture, including DDR DRAM sub-system and power control circuitry.
- SAS or NVMe protocol experience preferred.
- Able to demonstrate strong leadership qualities and teamwork skills.
- BS degree in EE/CE/CS or related field required; MS degree preferred.
- 10+ years of experience in SSD systems.