Principal Engineer, Failure Analysis Engineering
Req ID: JR-0000039325
We deliver the possibilities of data. YOU define what’s possible.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform failure analysis on SanDisk CSS/Apple product lines, interacting with many groups including memory, firmware, systems, ASIC, etc.
- Become a contributing member in the failure analysis of our SanDisk CSS/Apple product lines and increase customer satisfaction.
- Evaluates the electrical and mechanical characteristics of systems and/or integrated circuits, components, sub-components and systems to determine the cause of failure, including the verification of analog and digital performance
- Analyzes failure reports and recommends corrective action.
- Develops methods, processes, procedures and equipment that will improve the failure analysis process and/or reduce failures.
- Have deep knowledge and hands-on experience of FW and system architecture of SSD drives
Able to demonstrate leadership and team player skills.
EE/CE/CS background with experience in embedded and SSD systems.
ABOUT WESTERN DIGITAL
Western Digital Corporation is the world’s largest data storage company with a leading portfolio of HGST, SanDisk, G-Technology and WD brands covering flash and disk-based solutions. Deployed by the largest and most prominent organizations worldwide, Western Digital solutions are everywhere, touching lives and enabling great value from the data they possess.
Western Digital is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. Western Digital does not unlawfully discriminate and complies with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO Is The Law poster: Equal Employment Opportunity Is The Law.