Our mission as a leading investment management firm is to help our clients achieve their long-term financial goals. We believe our associates are the key to this mission and we are always looking for talented individuals who share our commitment to our client’s success.
If you’re looking for challenging work experiences and the ability to learn in a collaborative culture, we invite you to explore the opportunities available at T. Rowe Price.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
Technologists at T. Rowe Price are playing a key role in helping build the future of financial services, working hand-in-hand with business partners to create client experiences that are changing the way people invest. To help us achieve that future, we’re looking for an Engineer to join our unique Emerging Solutions and Technology team. This teams’ mission is to be proactive, innovative, and nimble in a rapidly changing ecosystem and serve as an “internal disruptor” to the current thinking and processes.
You’ll work with smart, talented people across our business on the latest cutting edge technologies such as AI, Blockchain, Machine Learning, and Big Data. Unlike the project requirement responsibilities of a typical IT professional, you’ll be empowered to bring new solutions and capabilities to the table and then be hands-on in driving the research, strategy, prototyping, and piloting of those technologies.
We expect you to be an innovative thought leader who can think outside the box. In return we’ll give you challenging work that’s on the leading edge of IT, opportunities to learn and grow, and a collaborative culture that’s eager for your input.
- We’re looking for software engineers who thrive on learning new technologies and don’t believe in one-size-fits-all solutions. You should be able to adapt easily to meet the needs of our rapidly evolving move to next-generation n-tier, native cloud enabled application.
- You think a working proof-of-concept is the best way to make a point. You strive on proving that speed and quality are not conflicting; that you can achieve both at the same time
- Exceptional technology skills; recognized by your peers as a leading developer
- A strong curiosity for technology; you are excited by the amazing pace that technology continues to evolve. You love to tinker with the latest frameworks or tools.
- Equally important to possessing strong technical skills, the ideal candidate will be a strong communicator able to communicate their thoughts, orally and visually. They need to understand how solutions are developed and even more important, understand how they can make an impact on our business
- Help develop vision and direction for emerging technologies.
- Develop prototypes & pilots for emerging technologies seamlessly blending new technology with existing infrastructure/architecture.
- Work closely with the Emerging Solutions team and various business partners to fully understand capabilities that enhance out business. Influence the strategic direction of new technologies within the firm.
- Provide consultancy and advice on functionality, applicability and usability of our emerging capabilities.
- Quickly pick up and master new technical capabilities as they emerge regardless of the languages, frameworks, or architectures they might require
- Proactively monitor industry trends and research competing tools to ensure that we are consistently considering how these trends and technologies might impact our business
- Be a thought leader in the group, produce presentations and white papers where appropriate
- Experience developing in multiple languages and platforms. Preference towards the latest stacks and libraries such as Node.js, React, Angular, Mongo, etc.
- Solid knowledge of a foundation language(s) such as Python, C# or Java.
- Experience using and deploying to public or private clouds (AWS, Azure, Google, Openstack, Rackspace, etc.).
- Experience with system integration specifically via API integrations
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively with others in team environment
- Experience quickly learning new programing languages, frameworks, or technical capabilities
- Demonstrated advanced analytical, troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Adaptable and able to learn quickly
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or related field
- 10+ years of progressive technologyexperience
- Experience with emerging technologies like machine learning, cognitive computing, AI, or blockchain is highly preferred
- Experience building modern n-tier applications
- Experience developing microservices
- Experience with Python
- Experience researching and bringing new capabilities to the table
- Experience building mobile applications (iOS or Android)
- Experience working with a CI/CD environment preferred
- Experience with global collaboration platforms (like Jive) a plus
T. Rowe Price is an Equal Opportunity Employer