- The Vehicle Engineering (VE) branch requires an engineer with technical expertise in spacecraft electrical power generation (solar cells), storage (batteries), and distribution.
- This position spans both the GEO & HEO orbital regimes.
- The selected candidate will be an integral participant in subsystem architecture, requirements development and verification, and unit design of a common electrical power subsystem spanning both orbital regimes.
- Key areas of focus include hardware and software engineering, review of contractor designs, evaluation of operating modes, and witnessing of verification and validation activities.
- Candidate should also be experienced in the design & integration of satellite buses and knowledgeable of launch & flight operations of space vehicles.
- The following tasks are representative of those that will be accomplished at the request of the Government Program Office (GPO) EPS Project Officer
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelors (or equivalent years of experience plus a minimum of nine (9) years of relevant experience
- Masters and seven (7) years or more experience
- PhD or JD and four (4) years or more experience
- Experience in the design & integration of satellite buses and knowledgeable of launch & flight operations of space vehicles