EchoStar Corporation (NASDAQ: SATS) headquartered in Englewood, CO, with additional locations world-wide, is a premier global provider of satellite solutions and technology services. Together with its major subsidiaries—EchoStar Satellite Services and Hughes Network Systems— EchoStar offers employees the opportunity to explore the boundaries of what’s possible in the fields of engineering and the business functions transforming this engineering into revenue.
We are seeking to hire a Senior Network Management System Development Engineer. This position will be located at our headquarters in Germantown, MD.
- Review system requirements and design
- Design and develop new software applications, working closely with system designers and developers
- Implement software applications passing through all stages of development
- Complete development projects on time and within budget
- Present project objectives, risks and success criteria to Management team
- Provide clear and detailed status reports on a regular basis to Management team
- Analyze and resolve software issues
- Participate in development and maintenance of software release notes and guidelines
- Mentor junior software programmer
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher; preferably Computer Science major or related discipline.
- 10 to 12 years of software development experience
- Expertise with Relational database systems
- Expertise with development and deployment of web-based applications within an application server
- Experience using a no-SQL database
- Expertise with Core Java, JEE, EJBs, servlets
- Expertise with a web-based Model-View-Controller framework (e.g. Struts, Grails)
- Expertise with database stored procedures (PL/SQL), database triggers
- Familiarity with communications protocols and networking
- Expertise with Linux shell programming
- Expertise with threaded programming
- Familiarity with interface definition and specification