This position exists to improve our manufacturing technology worldwide by discovering, developing, applying, and implementing, new finishing technologies to our manufacturing plants with the goal to reduce manufacturing cost or to launch new manufacturing systems to make new products. Critical finishing technologies include grinding, hard turning, superfinishing, mass finishing, non-traditional finishing, and related technologies.
- Uses sound judgment and disciplined engineering practices to solve specific problems.
- Independently investigates, evaluates, selects, and applies finishing technologies such as grinding, hard turning, superfinishing, etc.
- Makes proposals, with understanding of business and technical considerations, to apply new technologies to our worldwide manufacturing organization with a goal to reduce cost, launch new products, grow sales, improve quality, etc.
- Leads the development, application, implementation, of new technology projects while managing the project team, plan, cost, and timing.
- Maintains liaison with individuals both inside and outside of company, specifically with universities, technical societies, suppliers, and customers.
- Mentors other associates to grow in leadership and technical expertise.
Technical/Functional Skills Required
- Demonstrated process engineering skills
- Solid written and oral communication skills
- Excellent problem-solving capabilities
- Proven team and project management skills
- Strong hands-on orientation
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering and 7 years of relevant experience (highly preferred; 4 years minimum), or
- Master’s degree in Mechanical Engineering and 5 years of relevant experience (highly preferred; 2 years minimum), or
- PhD in Mechanical Engineering and preferably 1 year of process engineering experience.