$100K — $150K *
U.S. Bank is seeking a motivated Principal Engineer with strong technical, influential, and leadership abilities to help drive the success of our enterprise technology initiatives, focused on enablement of our engineering community and DevSecOps program. We are undergoing a broad-based technology transformation and invite engineers who want to engage with a diverse range of problems and systems to help influence technology strategy and implementation. We invest heavily in open source technologies and seek employees who understand the open source ecosystem and are keen contribute back. At U.S. Bank you will have an opportunity to directly impact thousands of engineers, grow multi-billion dollar businesses, and transform our ability to serve our customers.
As an experienced engineer, your mission is to create next-level solutions that improve the way our business is run. You will design and execute true end-to-end development and testing of software products in an agile lifecycle. Your deep knowledge of design, analytics, development, coding, testing and application programming will help the team grow while achieving functional and business goals. Your expertise in technology will be counted on to solve complex, mission critical problems in general, extensible ways. Your embrace of leading-edge technologies and methodologies will inspire your team and peers.
Partnering with key technical and business stakeholders, you will help refine the product vision, estimate and design a solution, craft the product, ensure quality, and support the software as it moves to production. And best of all, you’ll be able to harness a wide diversity of experience and brainpower through our global network of technologists, product leaders, and designers.
The Principal Engineer role is for those who can contribute directly to our most challenging engineering problems as well as guide company leadership on technology strategy. It is critical for this position to have not only the technical skills relative to development and testing, but strong collaboration and communication skills in order to support your team and have a broad impact across the company. You will guide other engineers through empathy, as well as the ability to demonstrate and prototype sound technical solutions that add business value.
- Accountable for solution design and delivery executed by Technology & Operations Services (TOS), the business line and vendor partners.
- Act as an interface with TOS and business partners, vendors and subject matter experts (SMEs) for solution design and delivery; provide counsel to the business line during ideation stages.
- Proactively communicate statuses, issues, risks and mitigation to senior leadership; serve as a primary project issue escalation point.
- Champion the refresh of bank standards and methods using learnings from program delivery, SMEs and industry changes.
- Drives alignment and influences vendor partner product strategy.
- Develops and communicates program visons and roadmaps.
- Advises on solution definition, planning and high-level design.
- Appropriately governs program technology and engineering dimensions.
Valid through: 4/26/2021