We’re building a highly performant team to drive the digital transformation enabling next-gen capabilities in healthcare. You’ll be part of a scrappy, distributed team that lays the foundation for leveraging automation and software development principles to take advantage of public cloud services and hybrid cloud deployments. This team will operate like a start-up within a large organization, changing the way we provide value to our customers. You’ll get to use truly modern toolsets in greenfield environments, and will even be a part of the selection and implementation process for our pipelines. As part of the broader IT engineering organization, you will act as a technical expert and internal consultant in the areas of automation, integration, and cloud native platform and application deployments. This role is integral to the success of the organization and is critical to the achievements we’ll celebrate together. Come help us enable the future of healthcare and contribute to the goal of making Providence St. Joseph Health the most technologically advanced healthcare provider.
In this position you will have the following responsibilities:
- Provide architecture and design services to specify solutions that meet or exceed requirements. Create architecture and design artifacts as required and review with Enterprise Architecture, Security, Engineering, Networking, Monitoring, and other teams as needed.
- Provide technical vision, direction, and guidance on Engineering strategy and direction to leadership team. Contribute to the departmental strategy plans and roadmaps.
- Deliver software programs, scripts, configuration files, and other programming artifacts as needed to implement solutions.
- Provide training and mentoring to other team members on architecture, design, and coding skills and best practices.
- Provide leadership and technical management of solutioning efforts including large initiatives and projects. Ensure that all participants involved in such efforts have clarity of role and expectations in effort.
- Research and investigate new capabilities of cloud services and other technologies. Provide timely insight and advice to leadership team to permit the leveraging of these technologies in future plans.
- Travel infrequently (< 15%) to other sites and office
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Information Systems or equivalent education/experience.
- Assist in defining business solutioning processes, practices, and tools.
- 8 years experience in senior solutions architect or senior software developer role.
- Adept at distributed architecture and design using cloud services. Strong knowledge of virtualization technologies, networking, and infrastructure and application security.
- Adept at programming in at least two languages such as Java, C#, C++, Python, or Node.js. Experience with bash and Powershell as well as familiarity with the command-line interface to at least one major cloud service, such as AWS, Azure, or Google.
- Solid knowledge of software and systems architecture and design. Understanding of SOLID and other code design principles. Demonstrated ability to manage code in a Git repository.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Master’s degree in Computer Science or Information Systems or equivalent education/experience.
- 4 years experience as Agile team member or coordinator, such as Scrum Master.
- 2 years experience as a leader in large project or initiative.
- Certified Architect or Certified Developer of a major cloud service.