About this job
At CarMax, we are industry disruptors. At the heart of our innovation is new digital products. Working on many different aspects of the customer experience, our Principal Engineers research and discover new opportunities and shape products to fulfill them. From inception to completion, you will develop tools and technology, learning quickly from our spirit of experimentation. You will have a direct impact on improving the performance of our business and ensuring customers can buy the vehicles they want in a way that is right for them!
Purpose of the role
CarMax is seeking a Principal IAM Engineer with experience in building out consumer based IAM development frameworks and a passion for harnessing the power of digital identities to light up iconic omni-channel shopping experiences! In this role, you will bring expertise for integrating technologies with consumer facing IAM platforms, develop reusable authentication and authorization frameworks and evangelize means and methods for securely representing our customer’s identity throughout their shopping journey given any of their preferred channels of engagement (e.g., web, mobile, phone or in-person).
What you will do – Essential Responsibilities
- Supporting seamless and secure experiences by configuring and implementing consumer facing IAM technologies and processes across online and in-person shopping experiences.
- Hands-on development of capabilities that include integrating authentication and authorization into cross-channel applications and extending identity assurances through identity verification and multi-factor authentication.
- Evangelize and educate peers and partners on the benefits and proper use of oAuth, OIDC and SAML protocols and technologies.
- Stay on top of industry technology and CIAM trends to continuously improve what we do and ensure a superlative customer experience.
Qualifications and Requirements
- 8+ years of development experience in languages/platforms such as C#, .NET, Azure, cloud-based SaaS, and PaaS solutions.
- 5+ years of experience designing, developing, and implementing IAM solutions using oAuth, OIDC, and SAML.
- Experience with RESTful API design and integration.
- Designing and implementing enterprise-level IAM solutions (B2C, B2B, B2B2C, etc.).
- Creating and integrating authentication/authorization frameworks using oAuth, OIDC and SAML
- Implementing Identity & Access Management technologies (e.g., ForgeRock, Auth0, Okta, Oracle OAM, PING, Azure AD, etc.)
- Experience as a software developer working with product teams.
- Working knowledge of databases technologies (e.g., relational, document or graph).
- WebAuthn & FIDO standards
- Cryptography Standards and Algorithms
- OWASP Web Application Security risks & mitigation strategies
- CI/CD technologies & strategies
- Containerization technologies
- Service Mesh implementations
- A degree in Computer Science or a related discipline
- Exceptional communication skills