This position is within HARMAN’s Connected Car Division and is located in Novi, MI. The purpose of this position is to support the development of ADAS products by specifying and designing electrical hardware for a front camera system. The scope of this position includes the camera module, SoC selection and functional safety design considerations The ideal candidate will have good analytical skills, knowledge of engineering discipline, and the experience in vision related ADAS functions
- Defining and designing in functional safety requirements for the front camera system
- Defining the requirements for the Front Camera electrical hardware.
- Working with the Architects to support the defined camera system features
- Taking a leading role in dealing with suppliers to understand their capabilities and ultimately defining selection criteria for electrical components
- Coordinate product build and test at all stages of development
- Bachelors degree or higher in Engineering
- 12years experience in electrical hardware design
- Basic knowledge of vehicle systems and ADAS/Active Safety development
- Working knowledge of ISO26262 Specification
- Proficiency with standard engineering tools
- Ability to work effectively within a global matrix environment
- Experience in design of imaging systems for automotive applications
- Working knowledge of automotive optical sensors, as well as complementary sensing systems such as radar, lidar, etc.
- Good communication skills