Provides general technical and engineering management expertise to the standards development process by managing multiple AEEC, AMC, FSEMC and MMC subcommittee, working group, and/or user forum projects developing aviation industry guidance and standards.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Technical/engineering expertise in aviation system design integration, including system engineering analysis, configuration of interfaces, networks and protocols, and requirements definition.
*Support and perform project engineering tasks for working groups, and/or user forums as assigned, including:
• Develop proposals for statement of work for new and revised technical standards
• Support projects, making plans to accomplish goals and facilitate the integration of technical activities
• Develop industry guidance and standards, coordinating responses to industry comments and coordinating with related industry groups and representing the subcommittees and working groups in meetings and forums
* • Supports the work programs of assigned subcommittees and working groups, including technical planning, meeting logistics, facilitation, and meeting report preparation.
• Plans and conducts technical meetings, prepares materials, and facilitates technical sessions and seminars. Prepares technical meeting reports and presentation of results for industry coordination.
*Supports the planning of, and contributes to the technical sessions at AEEC, AMC, FSEMC, and MMC annual meetings. May have additional duties as assigned.
* Execute straightforward tasks to support leadership committees as assigned and required.
* Provide limited support of straightforward new initiatives, as assigned
*Bachelors Degree in Engineering, Computer Science/IT, AviationTechnology, or applicable technical field Required
* At least five years engineeringexperience in the airline, civil aviation, maintenance, simulation, and/or avionics industries.
* With two years of experience managing volunteer committees, or similar experience, preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
* Technical/engineering expertise, including general knowledge of, and experience with, aviation systems.
*Engineering Project Management skills
* General knowledge of the civil aviation industry
* Excellent interpersonal and diplomacy skills
* Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
* Strong organization and planning skills
* Strong teamwork collaboration skills
* Ability to travel25%
SAE International is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.