Your tasks and responsibilities
Bayer U.S. LLC’s Pittsburgh, PA, officeseeks a Principal Engineer to lead the process of defining and developing the scope on projects for various strategic partners.
The primary responsibilities of this role, Principal Engineer, are to:
create project proposals, communicate results, and perform leadership assignments in engineering specialties;
apply process and project engineering principles to direct and execute design engineering phases of projects, process design calculations, and specification for equipment as well as develop process simulation models;
- review and approve multiple discipline engineering, controlling project budgets, spending plans, project schedules, and scopes of work; and act as project manager on assigned projects to ensure planning and execution of projects within defined quality, schedules, and budget goals following all applicable standards and procedures.
Who you are
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- master's degree (or foreign equivalent) in Chemical Engineering plus six (6) years of experience in a related position;
- preparation of complete bid packages for RFQ, execution of both small (<$5 million USD) and large capital projects (>$10 Million USD), from concept to completion, including basic engineering, detail engineering, procurement strategy/executing contract types, construction, commissioning and start-up of plant;
- designing, analyzing, and optimizing highly integrated processes as well as basic unit operations such as distillation columns, heat exchangers etc. and model the process using HYSYS and ASPEN
- plant & process safety, process hazard analysis, and project construction safety;
- design and evaluate experimental tests on lab, pilot and plant scale and analyze process data from vast and complex data sets using statistical and mathematical/numerical methods;
- qualifying/validating pharma equipment, fermentation processes and purification processes;
- designing safety relief systems, developing process flow diagrams and piping and instrumentation diagrams
- project and process engineering in the Pharma, and Crop science industries; and
- working with Engineering Procurement and Construction Management (EPCM) firms on small-large capital projects;
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification;
- able and willing to travel domestically and internationally to various unanticipated employer, client, and otherlocations up to 50%.