Principal Engineer, Architecture and Applications (Power Switches)
8 - 10 years experience • Semiconductors
Microchip is seeking a Principal Applications Engineer to join the Analog Power and Interface Business Unit and become part of the worldwide power switch product development team. The primary responsibilities will include new product development and supporting existing power switch and interface products.
- Applicant should have at least 7+ years of experience as an applications engineer or field applications engineer position with some understanding of semiconductor product development.
- Some travel is generally required to visit customer and Microchip sites around the world.
- Experience with power switches, especially for USB applications, is highly desired.
New Product Development
- Understand the technical needs and requirements for new products by working closely with marketing, customers, technical sales teams, and other business units within Microchip across the globe.
- Create device specifications for new and innovative power switch products that solve customer problems.
- Work with IC designers, product engineers, and test engineers around the world during the new product specification, development, and testing phases.
- Develop bench validation boards and platforms for hands-on testing and evaluation of device performance to determine achievement of target specifications.
- Creating and publishing new product data sheets, customer evaluation boards, and user guides.
- Provide technical support for customers and field support teams to resolve technical application issues.
- Develop application notes, technical briefs, and articles.
- Create reference designs to assist customers.
- Create and present technical training material to customers and Microchip’s technical sales teams..