World Fuel Services is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexualorientation, gender identity, national origin or anyothercharacteristic protected by law.
MSTS is looking for a Principal Engineer to help drive the development and delivery of our new credit and underwriting platform.
MSTS is a leading provider of B2B credit services, and is looking to expand it's Credit as a Service offering. To help us continue to deliver outstanding quality to our customers, we are looking for a team lead to help take ownership of modernizing and revolutionizing our credit and underwriting platform. We are looking to who can combine technical mastery with an entrepreneurial spirit and really help build a world class platform that will help MSTS continue to grow.
The Principal Engineer will be responsible for the day to day activities of 1-3 additional developers, including code reviews, architecture decisions, and code delivery. Will also serve as the teams scrummaster and work directly with the product owner and business stakeholders to provide project status information and help define the product roadmap. Will coordinate with other team leads to identify cross-training opportunities as well as mentor otherdevelopers.
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- 8+ years hands on development experience in object oriented languages in a full stack development approach.
- CS or equivalent degree is a benefit, but not required.
- Solid understanding of architecturedesign patterns with a big focus on when to apply them (and when not to)
- Experience with JS and SPA applications is a huge bonus. Prefer Angular 2+ but React, Vue, Ember, also beneficial
- Good RDBMSexperience, and familiarity with postgres
- Practical experience with Docker and container based deployments.
- Practical experience with AWS and it's toolset (RDS, Elastic Beanstalk, S3, etc..)
- Recent REST API experience both with providing and consuming API endpoint including knowledge of REST design patterns and concepts.
- Problem Solving Skills are critical. Not just the ability to solve the puzzle, but the ability to identify when its better to switch problems to accomplish the end goal.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and a belief in being transparent and open.
If you want to help shape the future of B2B credit, and work with great people, then MSTS is the place for you.
- Focus on continuous learning and improvement
- Demonstrated initiative
- Proven positive impact on end user experience
- Agile Advocate and driven to improve team effectiveness
- Self-motivated and confident with an ownership mentality
- Autonomous producer