Waters Corporation is currently seeking a Principal Embedded Software Engineer to join our organization. In this role, the individual will join a dynamic and collaborative environment, encouraging cross team development between Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering and Data Application departments. Specifically, the individual will join our R&D organization which develops our Chromatography Separations based Technologies.
The instrumentation being developed and maintained involves many electro-mechanical sub-systems which provide an exciting opportunity for learning system dynamics and integration of the different technologies.
- Candidate will be responsible for contributing to architecture and designs, software implementations based on those designs, documentation and maintenance of complex, embedded and networked real-time analytical instrumentation systems.
- This individual should have a C/C++ background, have strong fundamental skills with respect to object oriented programming, experience in working with instrumentation and control along with background in automation via scripting.
- A strong familiarity with a structured software development environment is necessary, and the candidate must be highly motivated and self disciplined. Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills are a plus.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Physics or equivalent combination of education and relevant work experience.
- 8+ years working within this technical field as a software engineer.
- Applicant should have the skill to self-manage with good independence and results oriented.
- Applicant should have the ability to take on software design, architecture and implementation responsibilities using the C/C++ language.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Additionally desirable: familiarity with good laboratory practice related to testing, test data collection, documentation and presentation, interpretation of wiring diagrams / schematics. Some additional desirable items are the use of electronic test equipment such as oscilloscopes, experience with MathWorks MatLab and Simulink.