The Principal Electrical Engineer is responsible for the technical specification, equipment sizing and selection, vendor bid evaluation, drawing/design review, quality control and site support for simple and combined cycle power plant equipments for both 50Hz and 60Hz application. The successful applicant for this position may work with the following components and systems, but is not limited to:
Key Electrical Equipments:
- Generator Step-Up Transformer (Large Power Transformer)
- Generator Circuit Breaker
- Isolated Phase Bus / Non-Segregated Phase Bus
- Low Voltage Transformer (Dry and Oil Filled)
- Battery, Charger, Uninterrupted Power Supply (UPS)
- Power Control Center (PCC) or e-House
- Load Flow Study (Motor Starting)
- Short Circuit Study
- Grounding / Lightning Study
- Relay Settings and Coordination
- Familiarity with Cable Sizing, Raceway
- Act as a Chief Architect of the Electrical Design
- Expert in Code Compliance (NEC, IEEE, ANSI, IEC)
- Develop Reference documentation and Processes for the above Equipments and Systems.
- Work with suppliers to provide performance data, pricing, and availability to support Proposals Department deliverables.
- Write generic and site-specific technical specifications for any or all of the above components and systems. Develop Master Document List (MDL) to clarify supplier software deliverables and due dates.
- Evaluate competitive bids from suppliers to ensure they meet the requirements of the technical specification.
- Conduct design review & discuss any lessons learned with chosen equipment supplier to ensure all requirements of the technical specification are understood and will be met.
- Coordinate with Architect/Engineers, partners, and Customers to support timely transmittal and understanding of supplier technical documents. Review design documents submitted by suppliers and approve or comment.
- Conduct Factory Acceptance Testing (FAT) for any or all of the above components and systems. Ensure all components are thoroughly tested and meet the performance and quality requirements established in the technical specification.
- Site Support: Support commissioning and start-up activities for any or all of the above components and systems. Conduct readiness reviews, and participate in pre-commissioning activities with supplier Technical Field Assistants (TFAs).
- Site Support: Respond to Architect/Engineer and site requests for information (RFIs); engineering changes to manufacturing information (ECMIs); product change management (PCM) recommendations; and field deficiency reports (FDRs) related to any or all of the above components and systems.
- Perform communication of complex technical and commercial issues
- Drive standardization and innovation of Electrical equipment and systems described above
- Initiate department Research and Development projects, ensuring achievement of applicable goals and objectives.
- BS/BA in Electrical Engineering in related industry field
- 8 years of comprehensive knowledge of field of specialization to the successful completion of complex assignments.
- Analysis and design of power plant system / component operation, startup, and shutdown
- Knowledge of power plant electrical equipments how to integrate within a gas turbine simple cycle plant, gas turbine combined cycle plant, or conventional steam power plant, as applicable.
- Experience with NEC / IEEE or/and IEC Standards for the above Electrical Equipments and Systems.
- Experience with relevant tools like ETAP / SKM etc
- Knowledge of 50Hz and/OR 60Hz standards for the power plant electrical equipments.
- Significant knowledge of organization's business practices and issues faced and contributes to problem resolution of those issues.
- Must be able work independently and in a team environment on Complex assignments.
- Provide mentorship, training and give directions to lower level engineers.
- Strong business communication skills at levels required
Preferred Knowledge/Skills/Education and Experience:
- Perform Overall System Review for the Simple and Combined Cycle Power Plants.
- Professional Engineer (P.E.) license. Willing to Stamp drawings and obtain licenses for other states as required by the Project.
- Prior working Experience with an Architect Engineering OR EPC firms.
- Site construction and/or commissioning experience with the above equipment.
Requisition Number: 222151