At ConvaTec, our vision is to develop pioneering trusted medical solutions to improve the lives we touch. We are a global medical technology business focused on serving people and care givers in the areas of advanced wound care, ostomy care, continence and critical care and infusion care. We devise, develop and manufacture innovative products and services that support people with deeply personal and challenging medical conditions, helping to improve care for them and giving them greater confidence, freedom and mobility.
Our search for better is changing the lives of our customers. It's changing the careers of our people too - creating new challenges and opportunities all the time. We're a business that never stands still. Join us as a Lead Electrical Engineer, and you won't either.
Your Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide guidance to the team in the application of state of the art techniques, developing very low-power, battery powered circuit assemblies with a mixture of analog, digital and RF circuitry for highly integrated, low power sensor/RF embedded designs
- Design activities will include specification development, schematic design, component selection, FMEA analysis, tolerance analysis, prototype development, and design verification testing
- Create and maintain documentation for requirements, designs, test plans/reports, summaries for development projects and tasks
- Plan and execute electronics verification activities including specification and design reviews, simulation, functional testing, EMC testing and ad hoc debugging
- Maintain electrical engineering procedures and environment as required. Activities include work instruction preparation, electronics-tools qualification and validation, and configuration of development environment
- Assist and/or direct electronics vendors to create electronics prototypes
- Plan and execute hardware qualification activities
- Actively participate on cross-functional project teams through all phases of product development to ensure successful execution of innovative, best-in-class designs
- BS degree in Electrical Engineering
- Minimum ten years engineering / R&D experience in a rigorous quality-focused environment
- Proven leadership skills and the ability to work independently given high-level direction
- Experience working on projects involving portable, low-power products incorporating wireless communication solutions such as Bluetooth LE, Wi-Fi, NFC, etc.
- Superior debugging and/or troubleshooting skills
- Proven ability to produce high quality design outputs in a timely manner
- Excellent requirements, specification, test plan/report writing skills
- Knowledge of product development methodologies and best practices
- Knowledge of verification and validation testing methodologies
- Ability to build and maintain strong cross-functional and cross-organizational relationships
- Low-level analog circuit design
- High speed digital circuit design
- EMI design
- Embedded low power system design
- LabVIEW programming
- Circuit and PCB simulation tools
- laboratory measurement and test equipment
Our progress will give you countless opportunities to move forward too. Seek out new challenges, and you'll find them. Stretch your thinking, and you'll find new ways to make an impact. And if you embrace the opportunity to drive your own growth, you could go further, and achieve more, than ever before.
This is a big step forward.