KBR is looking for an experienced Principal Electrical Engineer at Los Angeles Air Force Base in El Segundo, CA to support the Independent Readiness Review Team (IRRT). The IRRT’s mission is to deliver technically superior risk assessments and smart risk mitigation options to ensure SMC space systems’ mission success in support of the joint warfighter and the nation. The SMC Enterprise Corps (SMC/EC) maintains the IRRT to provide independent assessments of program risks and risk mitigation options to SMC leadership for designated SMC launch vehicles, space vehicles, and ground systems. The IRRT acts independently from the programs under its review, and the SMC/CC is the final authority for directing and authorizing reviews by the IRRT.
- Supports the Electrical Panel by providing technical assistance in the area of space vehicle systems.
- Provides technical assistance in various functional areas of space vehicle electrical systems.
- Provides technical evaluation and risk assessments of electrical units in the following subsystems: Electrical Power Subsystem, Attitude Control Subsystem, Telemetry, Tracking and Command Subsystem, Thermal Control Subsystem, and the Payload.
- Evaluates the design, development, analysis and testing of radio frequency plus digital and analog electronic circuits, units and systems.
- Evaluates the design, development, analysis and testing of various aspects of hardware in other technical areas (i.e. Parts, Materials, and Processes).
- Evaluates risks in the area of test and evaluation, to include system test procedures, test results, system and subsystem environmental tests, configuration management, ground support equipment (GSE), system checkout procedures, launch operations, orbital operations, software, system interfaces, and post flight analysis
- Provides subject matter expertise (SME) in support of IRRT mission areas as directed in SMC-G-1201, SMC-G-1202, SMC-G-1203, and SMC-G-1204.
- Supports IPTs in developing draft charts in support of Readiness Reviews described in the above SMC guides
- Performs peer reviews as a member of the technical panel on space vehicles, launch vehicles, and ground segments developed by SMC’s prime development contractors, sub-contractors, and vendors.
- Performs risk analysis and mitigation on Space Vehicles using the customer approved risk analysis process.
- Extremely motivated individual who is a self-starter and a team player.
- Demonstrated experience in executing tasks in a timely manner.
- Demonstrated experience with team leadership and program/project management.
- Demonstrated experience working with Air Force and DoD contractors in a development environment
- Experience writing and delivering technical documents and briefings
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills, as well as organizational skills
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills to enable working, interfacing, and interrelating with diverse personnel
- Master’s Degree is required and limited to Engineering, Computer Science, Math, Physics, or a Physical Science.
- Minimum 12+ years of hands-on design, build, code, or test experience in one or more of the following areas: Payload Sub-systems, Power Distribution System, Flight Computers, Bus Electrical Sub-Systems, Circuits, and/or Navigation and Control analysis experience.