Drive innovation while performing at the highest level of technical competence; demonstrate consistent and technical leadership across multiple programs, projects and tasks. Act as technical resource within Company and outside the organization; able to represent technology and product solutions to industry and customers alike.
Initiate new technology directions and contribute to long term technical strategy – deliver ground breaking results. Able to take on a leadership role, mentoring other technical team members, helping optimize team performance, creating technical teams to solve product development challenges on an ad-hoc basis or as a corporate initiative. Capable of scoping out project/program requirements and risks, initiate projects, develop proposals and plan work execution. Able to work and consult with various levels of management on technical issues. Stay abreast of current industry news and issues.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Innovation & Creative Problem Solving
- Drive efforts to explore new applications for existing technology; proposes new technologies for emerging applications to significantly enhance Belkin’s capabilities
- Spearhead initiatives to acquire and implement new techniques and methods across a broad spectrum of technologies; integrates new technologies to existing work methods
- Anticipates and prevents problems, generates alternatives, and implements creative solutions for complex problems crossing various disciplines.
- Regularly contributes ideas and/or concepts that support the generation of intellectual property, and/or as appropriate to the position, has authored at least one patent
- Develops, enhances, and drives product designs
- Engage in strategically important technical planning, decision making, and research and development activities
- Full product life cycle knowledge
- Seek opportunities to share ideas with senior management on critical technical matters, general business issues, and industry trends
- Translate complex technical ideas and solutions for communication with technical and non-technical staff and customers
- Set standards for technical documentation requirements that have broad business impact
- Develop and markets business solutions and technical ideas to peers and senior management
- Serves as key participant in customer presentations
- Create and update status reports.
- Initiates and leads formal and informal group discussions related to team, business, and technology ideas across a broad spectrum of issues
- Creates ad-hoc internal initiatives to solve product development or technological challenges.
- Actively engaged with, mentor and drive the effectiveness of multiple teams that integrate multiple functions/ disciplines and have broad business impact
- Serves as role model in teaming with others to share ideas, solutions and information, keeping others informed, creatively solving problems, and increasing the technical awareness/ability of others
- Guides a team to a definitive solution on multiple complex technical matters
- Coordinate and be a technical liaison with third party resources.
- Leadership & Mentoring
- Actively mentor and provide leadership to all levels of engineering staff and/or consultants within and outside areas of expertise
- Drive process/team/program changes and influences team outcomes and project completion with a clear vision
- Conduct classes, lead seminars and symposiums within Belkin; maintain a level of accessibility for consultation
- Actively participate in professional technical societies/conferences, may have published white papers
- May represent Belkin as a technical advisor or spokesperson in an external forum or society
- Create schematics and write firmware to support wireless charging standards.
- Monitor and meet project schedules and cost objectives.
- Implement products consistent with their product definition.
- Research new technologies for upcoming projects such as resonant mode charging.
- Support Company's Affirmative Action initiatives, providing equal opportunity to employees and candidates.
- Fulfill responsibilities under ISO 9001 and 14001; understand and fully support IS0 system.
- Comply with Health and Safety requirements of Belkin.
- Maintain a safe and clean work environment.
- Understand and follow company rules and regulations.
- Perform all other duties as assigned and required.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelors degree in a related technical discipline from a four year accredited college/university
- At least 12 years of directly related experience
- Equivalent combination of education & experience
- Attended or participated in some form of continuing education within area of expertise or related technical area