Cobham is seeking a Principal Electrical Engineer. This position is located in Davenport, IA.
- Provide technical leadership for hardware architecture and trade study development of high reliability aerospace applications.
- Lead or participate as a member of an integrated product development team to optimize designs and verify electronic/electrical system performance.
- Conceptualize, design, test, and document sub-systems for aircraft safety and survivability.
- Support aerospace software certification efforts.
- Support technical execution of electronic controller designs and test stand development.
- Support technical inputs to customer proposal work.
- Create circuit designs including component selection, schematic capture, modeling, firmware development, and analysis for high-reliability embedded systems.
- Conduct predictive analysis and modeling.
- Work with board layout designers to ensure design integrity.
- Interface with procurement and suppliers to ensure optimized component sourcing.
- Working with development team, create test procedures for qualification of electronic systems.
- Provide analysis to support electrical circuit changes or approvals.
- Conduct root-cause-analysis and technical investigations for software/hardware designs.
- Work with mechanical and stress engineers to ensure proper packaging of systems.
- Provide engineering assistance to production, service, and repair personnel.
- Possess excellent communication skills, including the ability to write technical material and present to customers and mid-level managers.
- Able to work and communicate with representatives from various departments including Business Development, Finance, and Operations.
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering (B.S.E.E. or B.E.E.), Electrical Engineering Degree from an ABET accredited program.
- 8+ years’ experience in the Electrical Engineering field.
- Experience with embedded microprocessor design and peripheral interfacing with sensor inputs.
- Experience with critical circuit analysis/simulation using tools such as PSpice.
- This position requires access to technology, materials, software or hardware that is controlled by export laws of the US. In order to be eligible you must be either a US Citizen or Permanent Resident
- Experience with software development in a structured environment
- Experience with DO-178B safety of software in airborne applications.
- Experience with military aerospace testing standards.
- Experience with requirements management software such as DOORS.
- Experience with Labview.
- Master’s Degree in Electrical Engineering (M.S.E.E. or M.E.E.), Electrical Engineering Degree from an ABET accredited program.