Principal EEE Parts Engineer
What you´ll do:
- Plan, direct, and review efforts of other EEE Parts Engineers to support the program requirements while working to cost and schedule constraints.
- Perform Parts Engineering functions on complex space programs using industry proven techniques and principles.
- Evaluate EEE parts against program requirements (e.g. Screening, Qualification, and DPA).
- Assist Design Engineering and Supply Chain Management with part and vendor selections.
- Create detailed part drawings to meet program requirements.
- Leverage use of company standard parts library across program and product classes.
- Maintain Program Approved Parts Lists (PAPL).
- Generate Non-Standard Part Approval Requests (NSPAR).
- Perform data reviews and source inspections as needed.
- Write and present reports documenting analysis and anomaly results.
- Review GIDEP Advisories and Alerts to determine program impact.
- Lead Parts Control Board discussions with customers.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish effective working relationships within the department and with other program personnel such as Designers, Customers, Suppliers, Management, and Mission Assurance to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What you´ll need:
- BS degree or higher in Engineering or a related technical field is required plus 12 or more years related experience.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Active TS/SCI clearance or ability to obtain one is required.
- Knowledge of TOR level requirements is preferred.
- Work is performed in an office, laboratory, production floor, clean room, outdoors or remote research environment.
- May occasionally work in production work centers where use of protective equipment and gear is required.
- May access other facilities in various weather conditions.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
This position is eligible for a Hiring Incentive of a minimum of $15,000 for external hires only.
Successful applicant for this position must be eligible to obtain a DoD clearance. A current DoD clearance is not required to be eligible for this position, however the successful applicant will be required to obtain a DoD clearance within a reasonable time after the offer is extended and must be able to maintain the applicable clearance. * US Citizenship is Required