Who We Are:
Ball Aerospace leads the way in designing, developing and manufacturing innovative aerospace systems. We take on some of the most complex and exciting challenges in the universe--from space and Earth science to national security and intelligence programs.
We produce spacecraft, instruments and sensors, RF and microwave technologies, data exploitation solutions, and a variety of advanced aerospace technologies and products. In addition, we pioneered the development of the commercial remote sensing market, producing spacecraft and imaging systems that helped spawn a market-driven demand for imagery.
Our success is built on more than products or systems. Our team of more than 3,000 engineers, scientists, technicians and support staff drives all the achievements at Ball Aerospace. Whether contributing to a better understanding of the universe or helping keep our nation safe, our people bring their diverse backgrounds, perspectives and skills together to achieve a common mission.
Principal EEE Parts Engineer
Lead Parts Engineering efforts and work with Radiation and Reliability Engineers to supportDesign teams in the selection, evaluation, analysis and documentation of Electrical, Electronic, and Electromechanical (EEE) parts.
What you´ll do:
- Plan, direct, and review efforts of other EEE Parts Engineers to support the programrequirements while working to cost and schedule constraints.
- Perform Parts Engineering functions on complex space programs using industry proven techniques and principles.
- Evaluate EEE parts against program requirements (e.g. Screening, Qualification, and DPA).
- Assist Design Engineering and Supply Chain Management with part and vendor selections.
- Create detailed part drawings to meet program requirements.
- Leverage use of company standard parts library across program and product classes.
- Maintain Program Approved Parts Lists (PAPL).
- Generate Non-Standard Part Approval Requests (NSPAR).
- Perform data reviews and source inspections as needed.
- Write and present reports documenting analysis and anomaly results.
- Review GIDEP Advisories and Alerts to determine program impact.
- Lead Parts Control Board discussions with customers.
- Establish effective working relationships within the department and with other programpersonnel such as Designers, Customers, Suppliers, Management, and Mission Assurance to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What you´ll need:
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Mechanical / Electrical / Aerospace Engineering or related technical discipline with 12 years minimum related experience.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degreemust be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Active TS/SCI clearance or ability to obtain one is required.
- Knowledge of TOR level requirements is preferred.
- Work is performed in an office, laboratory, production floor, clean room, outdoors or remote research environment.
- May occasionally work in production work centers where use of protective equipment and gear is required.
- May access other facilities in various weather conditions.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.