Principal DSP Engineer (Self - Driving Cars, Automotive IoT)
Relocation expenses covered.
Our client provides market-leading digital signal processing and wireless solutions for the automotive industry. They are developing the most advanced DSP applications on the market today, including emerging technology applications for the IoT and autonomous vehicle industry. They are hiring a Principal DSP Engineer to develop DSP algorithms to run this innovative new technology.
The Principal DSP Engineer will work as part of a tightly knit multi-disciplinary team to develop advanced feature-rich DSP chips for self-driving cars and other autonomous vehicles.
As part of the product development team, this person will have strong influence on development activities from end to end, including conceptual design, development, coding, and testing of DSP algorithms and embedded software.
This Role Offers:
- Competitive base salary plus comprehensive benefits package, including medical and dental plans, 401(k) match, life insurance, PTO, holidays, and other perks.
- Modern office with many on-site amenities in beautiful suburb of North Detroit.
- "Engineering comes first” ethos within the design team. Heavily engineering-centric company culture with experienced management.
- Opportunity to act as the top technical resource in the team.
- New project that is unique to the industry. A lot of design freedom for projects.
- Flexibility to specialize in niche theoretical knowledge or develop versatile multi-disciplinary skills within a team.
- Opportunity to develop sophisticated wireless solutions within DAS, small cells, WiFi, cellular communications (including 5G) and other advanced network areas.
- Newly created role backed by the resources of a multibillion-dollar company.
- Strong, stable company with 60+ year history of building top-grade components and equipment.
- Ownership of the product development life cycle from design to implementation, with a high degree of influence over processes, protocols, functional specifications, and product features.
- Strong support for employee development, including cross-functional skills development, in-house training, and employee continuing education opportunities.
- “Code and load” algorithms into DSP chips for the automotive industry as part of a team of senior firmware, hardware, and software engineers.
- Write source code in Python, C, and C++, including design, coding, implementation, testing, and documentation of modules. Run simulations in MatLab.
- Write and participate in reviewing of system functional specifications.
- Validate operation of features and provide guidance as needed to test engineers.
- Provide systems-level expertise to other team members.
- 6+ years of experience developing algorithms for signal processing systems. Experience developing chips for automotive products is a big plus.
- Background in sensor technology. Understanding of beamforming and waveform design.
- PhD in electricalengineering, or MSEE with additional industry experience.
- Algorithm development and simulations using MATLAB.
- Programming in C++/C with an object-oriented philosophy.
- Strong skills in developing multiprocessor, multi-threaded applications
- Experience with propagation modeling is a plus.
- Good technical documentation skills.