Our client is a leading OEM in the telecom wireless industry developing RF hardware and connectivity solutions for mobile, wireless, industrial, and IoT/M2M applications. Their diverse solutions portfolio is recognized as one of the best in the industry and includes antenna lines, connected cars, smart cities, DAS, small cells, IoT modules, self-organizing networks (SON), GPS tracking, connected tech, and fleet management applications. They are hiring a Principal DSP Engineer to drive embedded software development for emerging technology solutions.
The Principal DSP Engineer will lead a world-class team of engineers in designing and implementing embedded software for DSP solutions for radio and wireless systems. With the support of a large team of R&D, engineering, and sales professionals, this person will develop industry-disrupting wireless solutions for a wide spectrum of end clients.
This Role Offers:
- Competitive base salary, annual performance bonuses, benefits package, medical/dental, retirement 401(K) company match, and stock options.
- Opportunity to be part of a team developing highly sophisticated commercial wireless products within WiFi, wireless, and cellular communications.
- Engineer-centric work environment within a small, high-performing team with a legacy of success in their R&D projects.
- Tightly-knit team with a high degree of autonomy and freedom to innovate.
- Flexibility to specialize in niche theoretical knowledge or develop versatile multi-disciplinary skills within a team.
- High level of influence and design freedom and a hands-on workplace culture; gather client requirements directly and work with on-site engineers and R&D team to build solutions
- Industry-leading tools and software with top-of-the-line resources and a large budget.
- History of success and strong footholds in many industries: wireless, MNOs, defense, tech, automotive, transit, public safety, broadcasting, and many Fortune 500 end-clients.
- High level of influence within the engineering team, with direct access to CTO and individual recognition for contributions.
- Strong, stable company with60+ year history of building high-grade telecommunications components and equipment.
- Ownership of the product development lifecycle from design to implementation, with a high degree of influence over processes, protocols, functional specifications, and product features.
- Strong support for employee development, including skills development, training, and continuing education.
- Develop real-time embedded software for wireless/radio systems from conceptual model to implementation, discussing milestones and product roadmaps with clients when necessary.
- Program end-to-end solutions in C++, including design, implementation, testing, and troubleshooting.
- Develop DSP solutions and components as part of a team of senior firmware, hardware, and software engineers.
- Use specialized test and measurement instrumentation for new product development and production testing.
- Develop functional specifications for systems. Validate operation of features and provide guidance as needed to test engineers.
- 6+ years of wireless industry experience, with expertise in DSP algorithms, DSP theory, and real-time signal processing.
- Experience designing and developing embedded software. Commercial product experience is a strong plus.
- Experience at the physical layer within radio and wireless systems.
- Technical skills include:
- TI DSP (Texas Instrument digital signal processors)
- C++ or C
- IoT/M2M understanding
- 5G theory planning is a plus.
- Linux is a plus.
- MSEE or PhD in electricalengineering, preferably focused on digital signal processing and/or embedded software for wireless applications.
- Knowledge of wireless standards, including LTE, EVDO, CDMA/WCDMA, and GSM.