Careers That Change Lives
The Principal DRM Project Engineer will provide DRM support for technologies used to treat brain aneurysms, arteriovenous malformations, and other vascular lesions by applying, executing and coaching the implementation of Design for Reliability and Manufacturability (DRM) methodologies. This support will lead to the introduction of new products in key markets around the world, education of products to our customers, and post commercialization engineering studies.
RTGThe Restorative Therapies Group develops life-restoring therapies and healthcare solutions that span the care continuum; integrating technologies and applying clinical and economic evidence to increase patient access, improve efficiency of procedures and deliver successful patient outcomes.
BRAIN THERAPIES offers an integrated portfolio of device and therapies for the treatment of neurological disorders and diseases, as well as surgical technologies designed to improve the precision and workflow of neuro procedures.
A Day in the Life
• Develop and deliver training materials to teams, departments and individuals in support of DRM efforts. Training topics include, but not limited to, DRM, Reliability Engineering, Systems Engineering, Statistics and Decision Making.• Lead change to establish proactive process inputs into design which delivers a top down predictive engineering approach• Provide technical leadership for the application and integration of DRM into new and existing processes• Drive application of DRM methods to improve process outcomes (yield, stability, robustness) • Participate in the creation of a culture of continuous learning • Facilitate and deliver training to advance the number of certified green belts and black belts in DRM • Coach and mentor teams and individuals on methodology, tools and applications of DRM.
Must Have: Minimum Requirements
To be considered for this role, please ensure the minimum requirements are evident on your resume.
• Bachelors degree of Science in Engineering, Chemistry, Physics or Material Science w/ 5+ years’ experience or
• Masters degree of Science in Engineering, Chemistry, Physics or Material Science w/ 3+ years’ experience
• Black belt or Master Black Belt in DFSS, DRM or similar methodology
• Demonstrated results applying DRM/DFSS across a variety of technologies / product types
• Proven change agent implementing DRM/DFSS methods and strategies
• Experience in the application of statistical methods for improvements in process performance (DOE, ANOVA, Sample Size Selection, Monte Carlo Simulations, MSA, etc.,)
• Demonstrated ability to train, lead, mentor, coach, and inspire individuals and team in DRM/DFSS across multiple, geographically diverse sites
• Medical device product development experience and a strong understanding of FDA and IEC standards
• Experience deploying/managing a Requirements Management System such as Cognition Cockpit, DOORS, etc…
• Proper English usage, grammar, spelling, vocabulary and of generally accepted office practices, procedures and equipment
Nice to Have
• Implantable medical product development experience
• Excellent oral and written skills with the ability to interface at all levels in the organization
• Ability to work with others and accomplish goals working within a team
• Possess a solid working knowledge of continuous improvement maturity assessment tools/ methods
Together, we can change healthcare worldwide. At Medtronic, we push the limits of what technology, therapies and services can do to help alleviate pain, restore health and extend life. We challenge ourselves and each other to make tomorrow better than yesterday. It is what makes this an exciting and rewarding place to be.
We want to accelerate and advance our ability to create meaningful innovations - but we will only succeed with the right people on our team. Let’s work together to address universal healthcare needs and improve patients’ lives. Help us shape the future.
Physical Job Requirements
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this position, but they are not an exhaustive list of all the requiredresponsibilities and skills of this position.
The physical demands described within the Day in the Life section of this job description are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Able to lift 25 pounds
• Able to view items through a microscope
• Extended periods of time doing computer-based work
It is the policy of Medtronic to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Medtronic will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.