The job family spans across multiple engineering disciplines. Work consists of designing, developing, analyzing, troubleshooting and debugging systems, software and solutions for research and/or research development of product, services, and solutions for company's portfolio. Requires a broad knowledge and application of engineering disciplines, methodologies and tools.
- Providing pre and post sales technical support to the sales teams, customers and partners for various technologies and solutions related to Aruba products.
- Work on complex problems requiring in-depth fault analysis and troubleshooting.
- Generate documentation in the form of case notes, tech tips, best practices, RCA reports, and case reviews
- Formulate technical action plans for analyzing and resolving problems.
- Simulate customer issues in lab.
- Participate in solutions for knowledge base.
- Provide technical cross-training to relevant groups as needed.
- Participate in serviceability enhancement requirement reviews.
- Work effectively in a team environment including colleagues, QA, development engineers, and the Aruba field organization.
- Occasionally required to travel to customer sites for troubleshooting, training purposes, business reviews.
- Bachelor degree in Computer Engineering/Electrical Engineering or equivalent is required.
- Minimum eight (5 + ) years of experience in customer facing remote or onsite Technical Support preferably with 5+ years in L3 escalation role
- Extensive experience with or knowledge of Network Management/Monitoring Suites (Zabbix, Nagios, Aruba AirWave) and Network Access Control technologies (Microsoft NPS, Cisco ISE, Aruba ClearPass).
- Familiarity with system administration and operation. Basic system performance analysis, Linux shell, and Windows Active Directory skills a plus.
- Must be a flexible self-starter who can ramp up with new technologies quickly and can adapt to a growing and evolving team.
- Strong work ethic and a "can-do/will do" attitude.
- Comprehensive understanding of networking technology and the ability to quickly acquire deep technical knowledge.
- Strong understanding of LAN and WAN networking protocols and technologies.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Must be customer focused and have the ability to manage and resolve complex technical issues.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, outstanding presentation and interpersonal skills, and ability to confidently engage with the customer at all staff levels.
- Ability to multitask and work independently in a fast paced environment towards set business goals and objectives
- Well recognized industry certification like CCNA/CCNP is required, CCIE/CWNP preferred
- Understanding of 802.11 and other wireless technologies is highly desirable but not mandatory
- Experience with design and implementation of Aruba Networks products and solutions. ACMP, ACMX, ACDX, or ACCX certification is an added bonus
- Extensive experience in Docker Swarm, Kubernetes container technology
- Intermediate exposure to SIEM (Splunk, Qradar, Nitro, or Arcsight)
- Working knowledge of JSON, Yaml data formats used for log management
- Minimum 2 years of experience in the security industry and security threat landscape
- Experience in BigData (Hortonworks, Cloudera, Hadoop, Kafka) platforms
- Working knowledge in debugging issues with any of the following: ElasticSearch, Hbase, Zookeeper, and HDFS
- Proactive interaction with other teams to drive resolution of hardware / software deficiencies / bugs
- Intermediate to Expert level knowledge with Phyton and bash scripting