Northrop Grumman Defense Systems is seeking a Principal Network Engineer to support the Revolutionary IT Services program at the US Army Corps of Engineers (USACE) in New Orleans, Louisiana.
At Northrop Grumman we empower our team members to define and deliver solutions which will enable our clients to maintain smooth operation. The Network Engineer is a critical role which establishes and maintains highly secure and efficient management of local area, world-wide and virtual private networks (VPN). In this challenging role you will lead plans, evaluates, and coordinates installation and/or reconfiguration of hardware and software elements of data and/or voice communication networks within the corporate and government space. You will have the opportunity to apply your skills, and opportunities to enhance and maintain technical expertise in all areas of networks and computer hardware and software interconnection and interfacing. Which include mission critical components such as routers, multiplexers, firewalls, hubs, bridges, gateways, and beyond.
The Network Engineer position responsibilites are:
- Designs and plans network communications systems
- Provides specifications and detailed schematics for network architecture
- Provides specific detailed information for hardware and software selection, implementation techniques and tools for the most efficient solution to meet business needs, including present and future capacity requirements
- Conducts testing of network design
- Maintains technical expertise in all areas of network and computer hardware and software interconnection and interfacing, such as routers, multiplexers, firewalls, hubs, bridges, gateways, etc.
- Evaluates and reports on new communications technologies to enhance capabilities of the network.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or other IT related degree and a minimum of 5 years related IT work experience
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a network engineering role
- Previous experience with Cisco networking equipment such as switches and routers
- Familiarity with server operating systems such as: Microsoft Windows Server 2008, 2012, and 2016, Unix, Linux, etc.
- Ability to obain/maintain industry standard certification (i.e. CCNA, CCNA Security, CCNP, Network+CE or Security+ CE, GSEC) if required
- Active Secret level clearance
- US Citizenship required
- Active Top Secret level clearance.
- Master's Degree in a related field
- Greater than 5 years experience working with Cisco networking equipment .
- Demonstrated ability to lead and manage technical teams.
- One of the following: CCNA, CCNA Security, CCNP, Network+CE or Security+ CE, GSEC certifications