Candidates must be well versed in routing, switching, load balancing and firewall technologies acquired through 15+ years in designing complex networking environments. Hands-on technical skills are required for this is position. Exposure to public and hybrid cloud services environments along with SDN topologies is required.
Principal duties and responsibilities:
- Engineer computing infrastructure solutions that meet customer and hybrid cloud requirements & standards. These solutions must be easily and cost-effectively deployed within Enterprise hosting centers and extensible to public cloud environments.
o Define the technical requirements for new deployments based on contracts signed with customers
o Define the system integration and engineering for new platform/program services
o Drive technical discussions with customers to finalize requirements and system engineering requirements to translate into computing infrastructure
- Third-level support for deployed systems
- Plan and design the physical deployment of a solution
o Design rack layout for projects to meet general deployment guidelines
o Work with Solutions Architecture and Datacenter Operations to produce and maintain rack cabling diagrams
o Obtain quotes from suppliers for the required equipment to support design considerations
o Track shipments and installation set-up to meet project deadlines
o Work with Systems Administration, Datacenter Operations and Network Engineering to define and document the location of the various physical/virtual machines, required subnets/VLANS, VIPs, firewall rules, etc.
- Participate in the definition and specification of the datacenter’s network services
o Work with the peer network engineers to engineer & design the core/distribution/access layers within the datacenter footprint
o Evaluate and increase the capacity of the core/distribution/access network when capacity augmentation is required
o Provisioning and capacity planning
- Participate in the development of provisioning/deployment tools and processes to enhance productivity and efficiency
Education:Preferred to have Bachelor or Master degree
Minimum years of work experience:10 years
- Networkdesign role, Must have experience working with: Cisco IOS; Cisco Nexus; F5 BigIP LTM/GTM; Cisco ASA; Arista or similar SDN technologies
- Experiencedesigning networkinfrastructures supporting hosted operations within large-scale, global deployments.
- Experience in system architecture or systems engineering for integration into IP-based networkinfrastructures
- Experience in TDM/SIP telephony delivery and troubleshooting or similar real time applications
- Demonstrated problem solving, capacity planning and process creation skills
- Intimate knowledge in current IT technologies including F5, Windows, Linux, VMware, Cisco Network Equipment, Palo Alto, Arista
- Excellent leadership, interpersonal and communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, changing environment
- Attention to detail with methodical problem-solving approach
- Knowledge of at least one programing or scriptinglanguages such as Python, Perl or Bash
- Knowledge of Devops and Automation frameworks.
- Strong customer orientation
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
- Attention to detail and focus on quality
- Ability to act decisively and works well under pressure
- Must be able to work both collaboratively and assume a technical leadership role when required
- Experience working in a SaaS environment
- Knowledge of cloud computing infrastructure (Azure, AWS, Rackspace)
- Knowledge and understanding of ITIL or a similar IT Service Management framework
- Exposure to Arista EoS/CVP.