We are looking for an experienced Principal Network Engineer to help design, build, maintain, and troubleshoot our network and services infrastructure. You will be part of a talented team of highly experienced engineers in our Product Infrastructure and Reliability Engineering group and expected to demonstrate exceptional technical competency, and ensuring the highest levels of availability, performance, and security for mission-critical infrastructure that delivers Intuit's SaaS products.
The Principal Network Engineer will be responsible for supporting large-scale deployment projects across Intuit Hosting Platforms and Cloud Platforms. This engineer will maintain network systems, network services and various hosting platforms. The Principal Engineer will utilize critical thinking and problem-solving in concert with active industry tested tools to deliver exceptional value to our customers as we resolve complex technical challenges, and help migrate customers to the cloud. This engineer will handle complex operational incidents and provide a strategy to prevent them in the future. This role will also provide 3rd level escalation support by analyzing and resolving problems in a timely and accurate fashion. This engineer will have an opportunity to work in a boundary-less fashion to collaborate with peer Principal Engineers, Architects, Engineering and Operation teams, Security Governance and others to manifest necessary alignment among stakeholders related to Intuit's infrastructure & cloud hosting.
- Design, Build, and Operate complex network datacenter infrastructure.
- Identify faults and help improve infrastructure Performance, Availability, and Capacity utilization.
- Participate in on-call leadership rotation and direct other engineers to quickly restore services during incident resolution events.
- Provide technical leadership and a strategy to prevent incidents from recurring.
- Provide technical expertise to achieve AWS design integration work that may include logical design, cloud architecture analysis and design.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to build a healthy level of partnership at all levels of the organization. Highly collaborative, able to drive large, diverse teams across the globe through influence and collaboration.
- Interact and negotiate with application owners, project managers, vendors, consultants, and contractors to architect, design and implement network solutions and ensure the highest levels of and infrastructure availability.
- Acts as a subject-matter expert around network technologies in a multi-tiered cloud-hosting environment.
- Maintain fluency and current knowledge of network technologies, cloud features, trends, services, and favorite third-party tools.
- Lead research and evaluation of emerging technologies and trends to ensure we are using the best techniques and tools to increase network availability.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field, or equivalent. Minimum of 15 years of IT experience.
- 5+ years of experience as a technical lead, hands-on operational experience required. Design experience preferred.
- Expert level knowledge of network infrastructure including: Cisco ASA/Juniper SRX firewalls, AVI/F5: load balancers, Cisco ASR/Juniper MX routers, BGP & OSPF routing protocols, L2 switches (Cisco Nexus 9K, 7K, 5K, 2K), monitoring tools (Wireshark, Riverbed).
- Working knowledge of DNS, SSL, CDN.
- Industry certifications - At least one active CCIE/JNCIE certification required (Routing and Switching preferred), AWS Network Professional preferred.
- Strong technical project management and engineering skills are required.
- Able to effectively prioritize tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Excellent customer service focus and analytical problem-solving abilities.
- Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication and presentation skills.
- Highly self-motivated and directed, with keen attention to detail.