DISH is a Fortune 200 company with more than $15 billion in annual revenue that continues to redefine the communications industry. Our legacy is innovation and a willingness to challenge the status quo, including reinventing ourselves. We disrupted the pay-TV industry in the mid-90s with the launch of the DISH satellite TV service, taking on some of the largest U.S. corporations in the process, and grew to be the fourth-largest pay-TV provider. We are doing it again with the first live, internet-delivered TV service – Sling TV – that bucks traditional pay-TV norms and gives consumers a truly new way to access and watch television.
Now we have our sights set on upending the wireless industry and unseating the entrenched incumbent carriers.
We are driven by curiosity, pride, adventure, and a desire to win – it’s in our DNA. We’re looking for people with boundless energy, intelligence, and an overwhelming need to achieve to join our team as we embark on the next chapter of our story.
Opportunity is here. We are DISH.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
Dish Technologies’ Digital Broadcast Centers provide advanced online video delivery and satellite video delivery for broadcasters and pay-TV operators across North America. Through our network of uplink centers, these world-class facilities are also home to Dish’s 24/7 traffic, technical operations, and satellite access centers. This team is comprised of experienced professionals dedicated to providing customers with an unparalleled level of service delivering content and programming to over 16 million subscribers every day.
DISH is seeking a talented and motivated Principal Network Engineer to join the NetworkEngineering and Operations team in either Gilbert, AZ or Denver, CO to lead the design, implementation, and operation of DISH world-class networkinfrastructure that support a wide range of services including Broadcast video, Over-The-Top video (OTT), and Content Delivery Network (CDN). This network is cutting-edge, dynamic and rapidly growing.
Primary responsibilities fall into the following categories:
- Lead research and evaluate new technologies and prepare plans to introduce new technologies into the environment.
- Demonstrate creativity, foresight, and mature architectural judgment in anticipating and solving unprecedented problems, company objectives and requirements, and developing standards and guidelines for diverse network activities.
- Lead design, deploy, and support activities in the large-scale production network in the Broadcast center, data center and Point of Presence (POP) sites.
- Track, analyze, and trend capacity on the broadcast network and data center infrastructure.
- Provide Tier 4 escalated networksupport.
- Perform fault management and problem resolution in a highly complex, mission critical network environment.
- Work closely with other departments, the vendor community, and network service providers to ensure problem resolution and minimize time to restoral.
- Provide a high level of critical thinking in driving successful resolution of high-impact, complex, cross-functional problems.
- Perform network upgrade (software and hardware), maintenance, and repair work as needed while limiting production network impact and meeting the high performance requirement of the environment.
- Lead implementation of new systems into production network.
- Perform capacity planning and management of Cisco LAN and WAN backbone network connections.
- Seek out and suggest opportunities for improvement, including changes in technologies and procedures.
- Create and supportnetwork management objectives, policies and procedures.
- Ensure that network documentation is kept up-to-date.
- Train and assist junior engineers.
Skills - Experience and Requirements
A successful Principal Engineer will have the following:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a technical discipline and 10 or more years of related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 5 or more years of experience designing and/or supporting Cisco networks in an enterprise or Carrier/Service Provider environment.
- CCIE Routing/Switching certification or Datacenter certification.
- 5 or more years of data center networkarchitectureexperience.
- 7 or more years of experience with Layer2/Layer 3 switching & advanced routing protocols including MPLS, BGP, OSPF, EIGRP, IS-IS.
- 5 or more years of hands-on experience with one or more of the following equipment: Cisco 7600s, 6500s, ASR9K/1K, Nexus 7K/5K/2K, Juniper MX960/480, QFX.
- 5 or more years of experience with application delivery and security devices to include load balancers, firewalls, and IPS/IDS, Cisco ASA, Check-Point, Juniper SRX, Palo Alto, Fortinet, HP Tipping-Point, F5 LTM/GTM, Citrix NetScaler, A10.
- Security certification is a huge plus (GIAC, CISSP, SSCP, CCFP).
- Ability to apply advanced troubleshooting skills to resolve complex problems are essential.
- Specific experience in a technical leadership role with complex projects related to Layer 2 and Layer 3 Cisco and Juniper networking.
- Advanced functional knowledge of the following technologies including IP Multicast, Video delivery over Video on Demand (VOD), Over-the-top (OTT), Content-delivery-Networks (CDN).
- Advanced design and implementation of the following concepts - Virtual Device Context (VDC) design/implementation, FabricPath, TRILL, FEX, VXLAN, FCoE, Virtual Routing & Forwarding (VRF) design/implementation.
- Advanced knowledge of networksecurity with experience in some of the following systems: Firewalls (Cisco ASA, Check-Point, Juniper SRX, Palo Alto, Fortinet), IPS/IDS (HP Tipping-Point, Check-Point, Fortinet, Sourcefire).
- Advanced knowledge of application delivery and load-balancing with experience in one or more of following systems: F5 LTM/GTM, Citrix NetScaler, and A10.
- Knowledge of SDN Technologies and Implementation, including controllers, protocols and applications. Cisco ACI, Juniper Contrail or other open architectures.
- Must have excellent communication skills, effectively interact with management, vendors and customers and should be able to effectively communicate complex issues in a clear straightforward manner.
- Able to work effectively with cross-functional teams and must be flexible enough to deal with different technical skill levels and skill sets.
Job ID 2017-39485