Principal Network Engineer
8 - 10 years experience • Professional, Scientific & Technical Services
Atos is focused on business technology that powers progress and helps organizations to create their firm of the future. The Group is the Worldwide Information Technology Partner for the Olympic & Paralympic Games and is listed on the Euronext Paris market. Atos operates under the brands Atos, Atos Consulting, Atos Worldgrid, Bull, Canopy, Unify and Worldline.
The available position is for a Network Engineer Principal to support a long-tenured Atos major enterprise Fortune 100 customer. The candidate will be supporting regional WAN, LAN, and WLAN technologies and infrastructures in the Orlando area and surrounding cities. The position will be located on-site in Celebration due to the requirements of the position. Supporting this client’s environment will be an exciting opportunity for any prospective candidate as it has been well-established with some of the finest technologies and supporting personnel within Atos. The primary responsibility of the of a Network Engineer will be to ensure all facets of the regional network services are meeting/exceeding requirements set by Atos and the customer. This responsibility will be shared with a team of other Network Engineering counterparts.
The Network Engineer Principal will be responsible for the delivery of network services provided by teams directly supporting the Atos managed network services. As such, the candidate will be supported by a talented cast of technical managers and engineering staff. Additionally, the engineer will be supported by a project management office, network operations center, strategy and architecture, network monitoring, tools, reporting, asset management and billing support teams who are dedicated to the account.
Primary Job Functions:
- Responsible for the success of regional network services. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Configure, troubleshoot and support Cisco routers (900x, 3900 and 3800 series), switches (3700, 6500, 4500 series, ASR's, Nexus 5500 and 7000)
- Configure and support Cisco wireless access points with a good understanding of wireless controllers
- Perform troubleshooting and monitoring of incidents queues and executing network changes as required during and after business hours.
- Opens and monitor TAC cases with our vendors as required
- Adheres to all change control processes and configuration standards
- Attends daily incidents and change control meetings as well as conducting troubleshootingbridges with peers, vendors and customers
- Ensure timely and accurate communications to the customer are occurring
Secondary Job Functions:
- Review network change scripts for accuracy to mitigate change induced outages and assuring changes meet corporate standard configurations
- Perform network captures using protocol analyzers and Wireless flukes
- Provide real time support during changes as needed
- Train and mentors peers and junior level engineers
- Completes administrative duties updatingnetwork inventories, support documentation (Visio)
- Assist manager in identifying issues and process improvements, and distribution of work request.
Education / Experience:
- 7+ years as a hands-on network engineer implementing, designing and supporting a large enterprise network is required
- Advanced working expertise of BGP and EIGRP routing protocols as well as TCP/IP, Multicast, LON and protocol redistribution – Should be able to configure these protocols from scratch and troubleshoot these technologies in a production environment
- Advanced working expertise of LAN technologies (HSRP,STP,VLANs and IP-subnetting)
- Strong working expertise of WLAN technologies (Controllers, WAPs, Cisco Prime and 802.11 fundamentals)
- Good working knowledge of network cabling infrastructure and specifications
- Experience with corporate change management procedures (design and peer review)
- Understanding of general project planning principles expected
- Active Cisco CCNP or higher industry certification required. CCIE written or CCIE certification a plus.
- BA/BS Degree required
- Must be a strong independent contributor who is a team player capable of mentoring and helping their peers to becoming strong technical peers. Must be able to manage multiple deliverables simultaneously. The candidate will be escalated to by both Atos and customer representatives to address current or future needs in their area of responsibility
- Must have a strong technical acumen for corporate network technology infrastructures and have the ability to discuss and teach technologies at a technical level among their peers. The candidate’s expertise will be counted upon for significant refresh planning, major incident resolution, communication with the customer and to assist with proposals
- Ability to effectively communicate issues, remediation plans and status on major initiatives to higher levels of leadership
- Ability to direct and interact during major outages and/or initiatives
- Ability to utilize Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint & Outlook)
- Ability to work evenings and weekends as required
- Travel requirements are not expected for this role
- Ability to interface with non-IT savvy business partners as well as technical staff
- Ability to articulate challenges effectively to Atos and customer executives
- Ability to construct action plans and provide oversight to ensure delivery
- Candidate will possess a high-level of written, verbal & presentation & skills
- Responsible to meet directed deadlines and excellent attention to detail
- Self-starter with excellent time management skills
- Team player at all levels