What you’ll be doing...
The PS Principal Network Consultant will be responsible for the design, implementation, and handoff of complex network solutions spanning multiple technologies for a wide range of customers, from small to large enterprise, while providing senior technical leadership within the immediate team and the PS organization as a whole. The role will also involve internal initiatives in the development and delivery of Verizon Smart Communities and Venues (IoT) products.
Will be expected too:
- Develop trusted technical advisor relationships with key customers
- Consistently demonstrate the value of Verizon Network PS by delivering highly professional and successful engagements
- Increase Network PS revenue by identifying areas of improvement for the Network PS team, encouraging follow on engagements with customers, maintaining a high level of quality and professionalism within assigned tasks, and increasing organizational exposure through direct engagement with pre and post sales organizations in multiple capacities.
- Assist with the identification and scoping of Network PS opportunities.
- Provide senior expert leadership both within the Network PS team as well as within assigned engagements.
- Evolve and support the growth of the network PS practice through offering development, engagement with partner vendors to identify and vet new technologies and proposed solutions, and assisting with the vetting of potential team members.
- Sustain a leadership role within team through mentorship, sharingexperience and knowledge through technical sessions, and leading by example, both through professional interactions and the continued pursuit of expert level knowledge within multiple fields.
- Accept individual ownership of critical issues, creatively thinking through to develop resolutions.
What we’re looking for...
The ideal candidate must have the following:
- BS or higher with a STEM focus (Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math) OR 8+ years of military service within a communications specialty (i.e. tactical data communications, technical controller, satellite communications, cyber security, etc.) OR 10+ years of experience within networkengineering and other data communications fields.
- Expertlevel industry certifications within the networkengineering field such as CCIE (full), JNCIE (full), or equivalent
- 10+ years of technical experience and increasing responsibility (team lead, mentoring, and technical lead for large, multitechnology deployments)
- Experience with Internet of Things solutions, design, and deployment in areas such as intelligent video, public safety, intelligent lighting, big data processing, etc.
- Demonstrated history of subject matter expertise within claimed specialty (ies), for example: routing protocols (BGP, EIGRP, OSPF, RIP), L2 networks (RSTP, STP, 802.1x), MPLS, Cellular WAN, QoS, WLAN, advanced configurations, etc.
- Demonstrated expertise in network design –ability to lead a designrelated discussion with leading questions to fully vet a customer’s requirements and develop a proposed design fulfilling said requirements, identify potential impacts of a given design recommendation, knowledge of othertechnologies and their network requirements/impact, ability to produce comprehensive yet understandable technical documentation (design document, diagrams, etc.)
- Demonstrated expertise in the implementation and troubleshooting of complex networks.
- Demonstrated expertise in correlating business drivers and needs (financialdrivers, impacts, and restrictions) into technical solutions, on proposed solutions
- Demonstrated communication and relational skills – able to form a trusted advisor relationship with a customer, able to listen and guide a technical discussion, able to clearly articulate complex topics.
- Does not require direct supervision able to take high level direction and proactively move a project or internal initiative from start to finish with minimal assistance.
- Able to perform a wide variety of technical and organizational tasks and may lead or direct the work of others.
- Demonstrated history of mentoring less experienced engineers while maintaining productive relationships with peers.
- Interest in other technical areas of data communications with a demonstrated desire to proactively learn new, or increase existing, skillset(s).
The ideal candidate may have the following:
- Professional or lower level industry certifications within the networkengineering field such as CCNP (any track), JNCIP (any track), etc.
- Certifications and/or significant exposure in other technical areas such as MCSE, CEH, security, UC, etc.
- Experience with software and application development, to include API integration.
- Demonstrated knowledge of, and interest in, emerging technologies such as IoT, SDN, NFV, etc.
- Experience with any of the following: cellular WANtechnologies and solutions, WAN optimization, Wireless LAN, datacenter technologies (load balancers, datacenter switching, etc.), virtualization technologies and concepts (Hypervisors, orchestration, software defined datacenter, NFV, etc.), security appliances and concepts (firewalls, IPS/IDS, identity management, access controls, etc.)