What you’ll be doing...
You will be working with Verizon team on developing automation to accelerate service deployment and infrastructure engineering and operations processes.
- Provide leadership in translating requirements into automation features for development.
- Provide technical guidance for the development team.
- Provide leadership and facilitate the development of team's efforts.
- Work with the automation architect to align automation designs with the automation framework.
- Participate in development sprints, produce code for automation user stories.
- Lead code reviews for automation development.
- Take responsibility for development projects and be accountable for making progress.
What we’re looking for...
You'll need to have
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Willingness to travel up to 25%.
Even better if you have:
- A degree.
- Networking/Software engineer with strong experience in application networking requirements, translating them to a network configuration deployment, and developing automation.
- Knowledge of Intelligent Edge Network (iEN) including: Unified Transport (UT), Multi-Service Edge (MSE), Next Generation Passive Optical Network 2 (NGPON2), Ultra Long Haul (ULH) and ancillary equipment.
- Strong experience with software engineering technologies and processes.
- Ansible/Python development and operations including Ansible Tower.
- IP Networking, v4/v6, BGP, OSPF, MPLS.
- Cisco IOS/NX-OS/IOS-XR, JUNOS CLI.
- Work on API development/integration.
- Full SDLC and SCRUM methodology.
- Tail-f/Cisco NSO.
- Microservices architecture.
- MEAN Stack design patterns.
- Jenkins / other Testing methodologies.
- Developing NPM packages.
- Automated testing suite development (Jenkins or like).
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.