The Senior Network Architect position within the Connectivity team is a key player in the design, implementation and support of the data network infrastructure across all Honeywell sites globally. The Architect will function as the SME (Subject Matter Expert) for developing contemporary data network solutions that seamlessly integrates the Internet, Hybrid Clouds and Honeywell's network using emerging and cutting edge capabilities and functionality.
- Develop a comprehensive global network architecture and strategy that encompasses the entire network service portfolio across all Honeywell sites worldwide
- Subject Matter Expert for contemporary data network designs and solutions which consolidates Voice, Video and Data networks, using Software Defined Networking, Network Function Virtualization, Automation and Orchestration, Hybrid Clouds, Intent Based Networking, Segmentation, Internet of Things, Edge Intelligence, Predictive and Self Learning Modeling
- Transition traditional and legacy network solutions to contemporary solutions using the Internet, Cloud, XaaS, Open Source etc.
- Develop, document and publish architectural standards and designs, drive consistent service standards that are global, agile, scalable and easy to maintain
- Help develop business cases that identifies the problem, outcome, risks, benefits and the financial justification to support them
- Develop network designs that meet cyber safety, compliance and regulatory requirements of the business
- Develop solutions which conform to network standards, are documented, kept current and keep pace with business demands
- Deliver network solutions are highly available, redundant, fault tolerant, diverse and affordable
- Develop roadmaps and timelines for new network capabilities and functionality
- Identify network optimization and automation opportunities, help develop rollout and upgrade plans and suggest uniform operating models
- Participate in 'Go-Live' support of any design deployment and transition into operational steady state.
- Prepare, review, and approve change management requests
- Provide technical and business input for IT infrastructure projects related to voice and data networking, and related technologies. Understand and support global voice technology needs and directions.
- Participate in large scale, multi-functional projects, including product development, merger and acquisition, and divestiture activities, with an open and creative mindset focused on delivering business solutions.
- Act as a technical advisor with businesses, internal teams, supplier partners, end-users, and solution providers to ensure processes and tools are in place and/or are followed to support the environment and meet business needs
- Analyze business processes, and assess business needs to assist with the development and deployment of network services and solutions
- Provide compliance and support for regulation controlled systems
- Help establish service levels that are effective, measured and reported
- Help identify and adjust service levels to ensure results are oriented to customer satisfaction.
- Define service improvements via metrics, root cause analysis, problem management
- Assist in the coordination efforts and technical support with multiple suppliers
- Work to develop end to end SLAs with multiple partners and suppliers
- Mentor different team members in areas of expertise.
Architecture designAgile Platform developmentTechnology upgrade oversight
YOU MUST HAVE
- Bachelors' Degree in Computer Science or Engineering
- 8+ years' IT Infrastructure experience managing, securing, operating and supporting Voice and Networking services with a strong focus on IP networking technologies supporting voice, video and data networks
- Must be a US citizen due to contractual requirements
- 2+ years of experience creating technology roadmap, blue prints and tactical to strategic execution plans
- 1+ year with outsourced and hosted 3rd party service providers
- 1+ year experience supporting international, global and multi-national wide area networks with over 100 sites