At Hilmar Cheese Company we improve lives around the world. Committed to innovation and sustainability, Hilmar Cheese Company, and our division, Hilmar Ingredients, serves customers in more than 50 countries. State-of-the art production facilities in California and Texas convert an abundance of high-quality milk into a variety of nutritious cheeses, whey protein and lactose.
A Typical Day
The Principal Network Administrator will be responsible for designing, developing, implementing, and maintaining software, systems, applications, security, and network configurations. Additionally, they will provide technical leadership, support, patch installation, updates, and upgrades, and create, test, and maintain a disaster recovery plan. The Administrator IV Principle also exhibits highly developed trouble-shooting & analytical skill to translate higher-level knowledge to others while effectively managing multiple priorities.
- •Lead the design and implementation of enterprise network solutions for the production and manufacturing plants.
- •Ensuring the stability, reliability, uptime, high availability, performance, security and integrity of the network.
- •Acquire and maintain the appropriate level of hardware and software licenses to maintain compliance.
- •Setup and establish alert thresholds to monitor plant floor network (end to end).
- Provide round the clock proactive support to manufacturing operations team.
- •Troubleshoot difficult network problems, must quickly and correctly accomplish equipment repairs, and meticulously perform preventative maintenance on equipment that includes but not limited to network switches, routers, firewalls, and external network circuits, cloud network and firewalls.
- •Plan, Design, Architect and Support Network perimeter & firewall security policies and compliance.
- •PLC and IOT configuration design and support, including services packs, security patches, and upgrades.
- •Develop, document, test and maintain network disaster recovery plans, network security hardening, compliance and maintenance.
- Establish administrative, tracking, best practice procedures, and standards.
- •Achieve common business goals through cooperative alignment with all departments.
- •Plan, coordinate, and implement network security measures to protect data, software, and hardware.
- •Lead installation, configuration and support for external network circuits, switches, routers, and firewalls.
- •Uses software to monitor the performance of computer systems and networks, and to coordinate computer network access and use.
- •Analyzes performance records to determine the need for repair or replacement.
- •Refines, automates, manages, and documents processes, policies and plans.
- •Establishes and tests/validates disaster recovery plans and procedures.
- •Develops and maintains appropriate procedural documentation and support materials.
- •Possesses core knowledge and understanding of Hilmar Cheese Company’s business.
- •Communicate with those who are part of the systems user community and management in a simple convincing manner and on all levels with peers.
- •Ensures the stability, reliability, uptime, high availability, performance, security and integrity of systems environment.
- •Directs systems security hardening, compliance and maintenance.
- •Leads and manages technical team to troubleshoot and resolve technical operational issues for business and technical staff.
- •Maintains policies for ensuring the security and integrity of the company’s systems.
What You Will Need
- •Bachelor's in computer science or related field plus 7 years related experience OR Master’s degree plus 3 years related experience.
- •3 years hands-on network design & architecture experience.
- •Ability to communicate effectively with non-technical staff and with members of interdisciplinary team.
- •Strong trouble-shooting & analytical skills.
- •Demonstrate critical thinking skills with ability to translate higher-level knowledge to others.
- •Cross-functional collaboration abilities.
- •Effectively manages multiple priorities.
- •Consistently achieves goals in timely manner.
- •Ability to understand complex business processes, rules, demonstrate business acumen, and is a subject matter expert.
- •Working knowledge of server-related technology (e.g. RAID, SAN, cluster, services, DBMS, and network applications).
- •LDAP, Kerberos, SAML configuration and support.
- •Network perimeter security, firewall policy compliance, A.V., spam filter, URL content filtering, and certificates.
- •IPsec, BGP and OFPF configuration and support.
- •Design, Setup and implementation of cloud security compliance for federated domains.
- •Proficient with Wireshark for troubleshooting and resolving network connectivity and performance issues.
- •LDAP, Kerberos, SAML configuration and support.
- •PKI and SIEM installation, configuration and support.
- •Maintain and administer the Plant Manufacturing network that run the Wonderware, Rockwell ControlLogix PLC Logic Controllers and MES network.
What Will Put You Ahead
- •Bachelor's in computer science or related field plus 10 years related experience OR Master's degree plus 5 years related experience.
- •5 years hands-on network design & architecture experience.
- •MCSE, MCSI, CCNA, CCDA, CCNP, CISSP, PMP, Wonderware Certifications.
- •Expert knowledge in Cisco, Extreme, Palo Alto, F5, Barracuda, Fortinet.