About The Raleigh Design Center
Located near the heart of one of the nation’s leading technology hubs, the Raleigh Design Center’s 70 engineers and designers serve customers in the Eastern United States with high-end talent drawn from leading national universities and the rich Triangle area talent pool. Our engineers form a close-knit, elite team with 18years of history providing leading companies high quality, innovative designs. Featuring a modern, southern feel with a family-friendly culture amid the beautiful scenery of Eastern North Carolina, the Raleigh-Durham area is only hours from world famous beaches and the Appalachian Mountains.
About the Role
In order to continue to grow and serve our customers diverse and evolving needs Plexus Engineering Solutions is searching for a Staff Digital Systems Architect that establishes and guides design direction for cutting-edge, high-speed digital systems, primarily for networking and communications applications. You will be relied upon as a technical leader & executor for customer projects while supporting business development and strategic growth initiatives.
- Independently supports all design centers with primary focus on large, complex system definition and associated interdisciplinary technical business development by proactively leading conceptual discussions covering the full product realization process.
- Develops conceptual and creative product system (interdisciplinary) architectures leveraging the full Plexus Realization value stream that balance customer requirements, available technology and integration constraints resulting in high-quality, cost-appropriate products.
- Participates within the industry / community to understand the direction of the industry to link to strategic visions and increase Plexus name recognition. This may include presenting/writing papers, supplier/customer partnerships, membership in associations, or other equivalent activities.
- Effectively motivates and leads multiple interdisciplinary and cross design center teams to meet product/initiative requirements in the necessary timeline set forth in the project/initiative plan.
- Defines and guides customer decision makers, stakeholders, product managers, and engineering organization to capture system requirements, risks, and technical, financial, and timeline trade-offs.
- Leads the evaluation and improvement of processes, tools, and methodologies using Lean Sigma concepts and tools to ensure best practices are used throughout the functional group and the design center
Skills & Abilities
- Ability to leverage a diverse design experience background in system, mechanical, software, FPGA, and board level design to develop solutions for cutting edge technology products.
- Experiencewith and knowledge of:
- Cutting edge memory technologies (DDR4, HMC).
- High speed networking design techniques and interconnect technologies (Serial Interfaces >= 10Gbps, and industry interfaces such as rapidIO, Infiniband QPI, PCIe, SAS).
- Multi-core processors (x86, ARM, PowerPC) and multi-threaded software programming paradigms.
- High density and complexity board designs techniques (multiple laminations, micro-vias, pcb laminates, ZBC’s, 20+ layer stackups)
- Complex FPGA architecture and design – Verilog/SystemVerilog, SerDes, verification methodologies
- Scripting – Perl, Bash, Python, or similar language
- Linux (Drivers, General Operating System usage and functionality)
- Power Distribution techniques (Building, System, Board level. Including PDN)
- Cooling techniques
- System and Board level Packaging technologies
- Previous project leadership a plus
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; ability to articulate and present ideas internally/externally
Education & Experience
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in ElectricalEngineering or Computer Engineering is required for this position, a Master’s degree in Engineering is preferred.
- Must have 10+ years of industry experience